Mystical China Revealed
Walk along the meandering Great Wall of China and enter the Forbidden City in Beijing, marvel at the 8000 strong army of terracotta warriors in Xi’an and take a relaxing river cruise in Shanghai.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Explore the exquisite historical relics of downtown Beijing
- Marvel at the enormity of the famous Great Wall of China
- Gaze across a sea of clay faces at the Terracotta Warriors
- Admire the bright lights of the Shanghai skyline
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 8 nights in 5* hotels
- Great Wall, Ming Tombs & Roast Duck Dinner tour
- Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City & Opera Show tour
- Tang Dynasty Show & Dinner
- Terracotta Warriors, Hot Springs & Dumpling Dinner tour
- Huangpu River Cruise
- Shanghai Walking Tour
- All transfers aboard a private vehicle
Need to know
- Arrives: Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK)
- Time difference: GMT+8
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Standard Mandarin
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY)
- Flying time from UK: Around 18 hours via Dubai
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 220 volts/50 cycles
- Travel in Style: Upgrade to business class flights for an extra £1835pp
Fly from UK to Beijing
Touch down in Beijing and visit the city’s most famous landmark at Tiananmen Square, walk the Great Wall and spend the evening enjoying a lively performance of Chinese Opera.
5* Raffles Beijing
Includes a Private Great Wall, Ming Tombs & Roast Duck Dinner tour; a Private Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Panda Hall, Summer Palace & Beijing Opera Show tour
Fly on to Xi’an, home to the Terracotta Warriors. Take in the spectacle of a Tang Dynasty show in this fascinating city, and maybe walk the ancient walls.
5* Sofitel Hotel Xian
Includes a Tang Dynasty Show & Dinner with private transfers; a Private Terracotta Warriors, Huaqing Hot Springs, Banpo Neolithic Village & Dumpling Dinner tour
Cruise along the Huangpu River in Shanghai before soaking up the city sights on a walking tour. Be sure to take a stroll along the Bund and admire the French and Art Deco style architecture, as well as the iconic skyline, most striking when lit up at night.
5* The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi
Includes a Huangpu River Cruise with private transfers – 6:00pm; a Half-day private Shanghai Walking Tour – 8:30am
Depart Shanghai and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.