Melbourne to Sydney Coastal Drive
On this flexible self-drive Journey, you’re free to choose your own route and explore the region at your own pace, stopping as and when you like.
Some of the highlights included are:
- A self-drive Journey at your own pace
- Create your own route from Melbourne to Sydney
- See the sights of Melbourne including the seaside suburb of St Kilda
- Explore Sydney, taking in the views of the iconic harbour
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 3 nights in 4-4.5* hotels
- 8 days campervan hire
- 2 berth campervan with toilet and shower
- Campervan bonus pack
- Airport transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Melbourne Airport (MEL)
- Time difference: GMT+11
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: around 22 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to
Marvel at the multicultural metropolis of Melbourne, one of Australia’s most loved cities. A good place to start exploring is Flinders Square, right in the heart of the action. Grab a cappuccino in one of the cafes, browse the galleries or watch the live street performances before taking a walk through Melbourne’s lively Laneways, or riding the tram down to the seaside suburb of St Kilda and scaring yourself silly on the rollercoasters in historic Luna Park, built in 1912.
4* Mantra 100 Exhibition
Collect your campervan and follow the beautiful coastline to Sydney. On the way, sample the wines in the Mornington Peninsula, spot koalas and little penguins on Philip Island and laze on perfectly soft beaches. The beauty of this Journey is that you can choose your own route: take the coastal road and explore the region’s coves and beaches, or take the inland route for lush river valleys, gum tree forests and gold-mining towns.
Britz Venturer Campervan Rental
Arrive in Sydney and drop off your campervan. Spend the day relaxing and exploring the city, including the iconic Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House. Take to the glittering waters of Sydney Harbour to see the bridge in all its glory, or better yet climb to the top for far reaching Opera House views. Once you’ve wandered the city, browsed the shops and sampled the restaurants, be sure to head down to the world-famous Bondi Beach where you can try your hand at surfing.
4.5* York by Swiss Belhotel
Depart Sydney and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.