Set sail on an adventure down the Mekong River from Cambodia to Vietnam on this watery Journey, ...
... taking you from the temples of Angkor and palaces of Phnom Penh to the museums and historic sights of Ho Chi Minh City, passing through plenty of traditional fishing villages and floating markets along the way.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Tour the fascinating temples of Angkor Wat
- Visit the Genocide Museum and Killing Fields in Phnom Penh
- Cruise the Mekong from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City
- Discover more about the history of Ho Chi Minh City
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International & internal flights
- 7 nights in 4* hotels
- 3 night Pearl of the Orient cruise - Jayavarman
- Angkor temples tour with sunrise
- Genocide Museum/Killing Fields tour
- Ho Chi Minh Discovery tour
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
- All transfers
Need to know+
- Arrives: Siem Reap International Airport (REP)
- Time difference: GMT+7
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Khmer
- Currency: Cambodian Riel (KHR)
- Flying time from UK: around 15 hours
- Plug type: 2 round pins or 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 220V
Fly from UK to Siem Reap
Welcome to Siem Reap, the gateway to the fascinating temples of Angkor, one of the world’s most impressive historical sights. Here, you’ll join your guide for a tour of Angkor’s temples, losing yourself in the atmospheric ruins of a long lost civilisation. After watching the sun rise dramatically above Angkor Wat, you’ll spend the day the archaeological wonders of the temples, including Angkor Thom, Bayon, Angkor Wat and many others.
Continue on to Phnom Penh, Cambodia’s lively capital. Here you can gaze upon the glittering golden spires of the Royal Palace and admire the Silver Pagoda and the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, as well as browsing the museums and temples. While you’re here, you’ll join a tour of the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek, a fascinating yet disturbing insight into life in Cambodia during the rule of the Khmer Rouge.
Set sail on a three night cruise along the Mekong River. Starting in Phnom Penh, you’ll pass huge commercial ships as you head for the Vietnamese border. Partake in a Cambodian and Vietnamese cookery class, then explore the markets near Tan Chau and the nearby floating villages and catfish farms. You’ll also explore Binh Thanh Island by sampan and the Cai Be floating market and learn how to make rice paper, rice cookies and rice wine. End your cruise in Ho Chi Minh City.
Ho Chi Minh City
The largest city in Vietnam is a bustling place, filled with historical sights, museums, cafés and sizzling street food. Join your guide for a full day walking tour of the sights, plus an insight into the daily life of the people who live here. Starting in Chinatown, wander the backstreets of Cho Lon and visit Thien Hau Temple, built in the 19th century. Visit the Cholon and Binh Tay Markets and stop for coffee before exploring the Fito Museum, which tells tales of the country’s foundation. After a noodle soup lunch, visit the War Remnants Museum and the Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral, General Post Office, and the Opera House.
Depart Ho Chi Minh City and return to the UK
Why you can trust us
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have
a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.