Marvels of Madhya Pradesh
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Step back in time and take a walk through the history of this vast state, discovering the secrets of its crumbling city ruins, Buddhist stupas and atmospheric cave temples.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Join an exclusive photo-tour with a professional photographer in Delhi
- Enjoy dinner at the unique Shan e Bhopal train-themed restaurant
- Marvel at the intricate design of the Sanchi Buddhist Stupa
- Soak up the atmosphere and let the past come to life at the Mandu City Ruins
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International & internal flights
- 7 nights in 4* hotels
- 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
- City tour of Old Delhi
- Train from Delhi to Bhopal
- Evening walking tour of Bhopal’s Old Town
- Excursion to Sanchi & Udaigiri
- Excursion to Mandu
- Services of a tour manager throughout your Journey, with airport meet & greets
- All transfers
- Journeys exclusive: Shooting with the Lenses – Delhi photo tour
- Journeys exclusive: Dinner at Shan e Bhopal Train Restaurant
Need to know
- Arrives: Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL)
- Time difference: GMT+5:30
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Hindi, English
- Currency: Indian Rupee (INR)
- Flying time from UK: Around 9 hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to
Immerse yourself in the crazy fusion of colours, sights and sounds that make up Delhi, India’s dynamic capital. Walk the bustling streets with an expert photographer, who will help you to capture the perfect moment. Explore the ancient walled city of Old Delhi by cycle rickshaw, touring the hard-to-miss Red Fort, the memorial to Ghandi at Raj Ghat and Chandni Chowk, a bustling maze of people, bicycles and market stalls. And don’t forget the imposing structure of the Jama Masjid, one of the largest mosques in India.
4* Le Meridien
Includes a morning city tour of Old Delhi; a Journeys exclusive: Shooting with the Lenses – Delhi photo tour
Board your train and journey to the twin-lake city of Bhopal, the capital of Madhya Pradesh and crammed full of magnificent Hindu-Mughal fusion architecture. Conjure up images of a bygone age as you shop for handmade needlecrafts in the vibrant Chowk Bazaar, its streets lined with mosques and havelis. Take a trip to the mesmerising Buddhist stupas at Sanchi, a World Heritage site comprising various well-preserved monasteries and palaces built over 2000 years ago. Afterwards, continue on to the extraordinary rock-hewn cave shrines at Udaigiri. Top it all off with dinner at the Shan e Bhopal, a train carriage-turned-restaurant on the Bhopal-Delhi line.
4* Jehan Numa Palace
Includes the train ride from Delhi to Bhopal; an evening walking tour of Bhopal Old Town; an excursion to Sanchi & Udaigiri; a Journeys exclusive: Dinner at Shan e Bhopal Train Restaurant
Arrive into Dhar, set among pretty hills and lakes, and filled with historic Hindu and Muslim buildings. But the main reason for coming to this leafy town is to visit the crumbling fortress of Mandu, picturesquely perched atop a plateau about an hour from town. Take a wander between the baobab trees and uncover hidden architectural gems among these atmospheric city ruins, once used by the Mughal to host extravagant festivals.
4* Jhira Bagh Palace
Includes an excursion to Mandu
Board your internal flight back to Delhi for one last night, where you can enjoy some last-minute souvenir shopping and look back over a magical journey.
4* Le Meridien