Luxury Trains of Australia
Spend two nights on board the luxury Ghan train across the Red Centre and one night on the Indian Pacific train across the vast outback, stopping to view Darwin’s crocodiles, discover Kangaroo Island’s wildlife, taste the wines of the Barossa Valley and cruise the waters of Sydney Harbour.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Spot jumping crocs on Litchfield National Park’s Adelaide River
- Look for wallabies, penguins and of course kangaroos on a tour of Kangaroo Island
- Tour the vineyards and taste the wonderful wines of the Barossa Valley
- See the Sydney icons by night on a romantic dinner cruise
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 9 nights in 4.5-5* hotels
- Litchfield National Park tour and crocodile cruise
- Kangaroo Island day tour
- Barossa Valley Cellar Secrets tour
- Sydney Harbour dinner cruise
- 2 nights onboard the Ghan train (Gold Service)
- 1 night onboard the Indian Pacific train (Gold Service)
Need to know
- Arrives: Darwin International Airport (DRW)
- Time difference: GMT+9.5
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: Around 19 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Darwin
Explore laid-back Darwin. Sail the wildlife-rich Adelaide River and look out for enormous saltwater crocodiles, then continue to Litchfield National Park and admire the magnetic termite mounds
4.5* Doubletree by Hilton
Litchfield National Park tour and crocodile cruise
Sit back and watch the vast sands of the Red Centre pass by from the comfort of your Gold Service cabin on the Ghan Train from Darwin to Adelaide.
2 nights onboard the Ghan train (Gold Service)
Take a stroll down Adelaide’s laneways, then sail to Kangaroo Island to spot koalas, wallabies and penguins. The next day, head to the Barossa Valley to taste the fine wines.
4.5* Majestic Roof Garden
Kangaroo Island day tour Barossa Valley Cellar Secrets tour
Hop onboard the Indian Pacific train, check into your luxury cabin and watch the far-reaching views from the restaurant car as you travel from Adelaide to Sydney.
1 night onboard the Indian Pacific train (Gold Service)
Explore the sights of Sydney, including the Harbour Bridge and the iconic white sails of the Opera House, then watch the harbour lights come alive on an evening dinner cruise.
5* Four Seasons Sydney
Sydney Harbour dinner cruise
Depart Sydney and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.