The Luxury South African Experience
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
... and not forgetting the quintessential South African experience: safari. Set off on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure, and discover a South Africa you’ve only dreamed of.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Explore the wonders of Cape Town, including iconic Table Mountain
- Sample fine wines & gourmet food in graceful Stellenbosch
- Learn to cook traditional South African delicacies
- Spend the night aboard the luxury Blue Train
- Explore the intriguing township of Soweto
- Head out on safari & see if you can spot the Big Five
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 10 nights in our best-selling 5* hotels
- 5 days car hire
- Cape Malay Cooking Safari
- Table Mountain Tour
- Classic Cape Cuisine Walk
- 1 night aboard the Blue Train
- Soweto Tour
- 5 game activities
- 11 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 4 dinners
- Airport transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Cape Town International Airport (CPT)
- Time difference: GMT+2
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require a visa
- Language: 11 official languages including English & Afrikaans
- Currency: South African Rand (ZAR)
- Flying time from UK: around 12 hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230V
Fly from UK to Cape Town
Spend a few days exploring glorious Cape Town, Africa’s most beautiful city. Take the cable car up Table Mountain and participate in a mouth-watering cooking safari in one of the city’s most diverse neighbourhoods.
5* Taj Hotel
Cape Malay Cooking Safari Table Mountain
Head to Stellenbosch’s magnificent vineyards to taste delicious local delicacies such as bobotie and biltong, all washed down with a crisp glass of award-winning wine.
5* Lanzerac Hotel & Spa
Classic Cape Cuisine Walk
Hop on board the iconic Blue Train and travel in style to handsome Pretoria. Along the way, stop off at Victorian-style Matjiesfontein, and feel like you’re stepping back in time.
5* Blue Train
You’ll be transferred to thriving Johannesburg where you’ll tour the fascinating township of Soweto and visit the humble former home of Nelson Mandela.
5* Fairlawns Boutique Hotel
Time for your safari adventure as you set off in search of game in Sabi Sands. Travel in an open 4x4 with a knowledgeable guide who will tell you all about the local flora and fauna.
5* Sabi Sabi Earth Lodge
5 game activities