Luxury Great Barrier Reef Island Stays
After an exhilarating seaplane flight over Sydney Harbour, spend lazy days swimming and snorkelling in the warm waters searching for tropical fish or up the pampering levels and indulge with a relaxing spa treatment or two.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Fly over Sydney Harbour Bridge on a seaplane before touching down for a delicious harbourside lunch
- Soar above the Great Barrier Reef on a helicopter transfer to your island retreats
- Snorkel, swim or dive in warm azure waters filled with colourful fish
- Set off on a bushwalk or two and explore dense eucalyptus forests home to countless birds
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Authentic local experiences
- All international & internal flights
- 16 nights in 4.5-5* hotels
- Island transfers by helicopter
- Sydney seaplane flight with lunch
- Great Barrier Reef flight
- All airport transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Sydney Airport (SYD)
- Time difference: GMT+10
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: around 21 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Sydney
Explore the vibrant streets of Sydney on foot, then take to the skies over the city in a seaplane and touch down for a delicious lunch overlooking the harbour.
5* Langham Sydney
Seaplane flight with lunch at Catalina
Sit back and soak up the sea views from your luxury resort on the privately-owned Hayman Island. With pristine beaches and year-round sunshine, you’ll never want to leave.
5* One and Only Hayman Island
Return to the mainland and stay in Cairns for the night. Perhaps take an evening stroll along the esplanade or feast on freshly-caught seafood.
5* Shangri La Marina
Travel by helicopter to Orpheus Island and snorkel the clear blue waters, home to over 1,000 different species of tropical fish and almost completely covered in eucalyptus forest.
4.5* Orpheus Island Resort
Fly on to Lizard Island and explore the colourful corals in a glass-bottomed boat. Chill out with a picnic on a secluded beach or treat yourself in your hotel spa.
5* Lizard Island Resort
Return to the mainland and Port Douglas, where you can spot kangaroos and emus in the forests or take a walk on the soft sands of Four Mile Beach.
5* Thala Beach Nature Reserve
Great Barrier Reef scenic flight
Depart Port Douglas and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.