The Lost Civilisation
... exploring the floating villages, verdant islands and bustling markets you pass on the way. Finish up in the vibrant modern city of Ho Chi Minh and discover its fascinating history.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Discover floating markets and villages as you sail down the mighty Mekong River
- Step back to the time of the Khmer empire at the atmospheric temples of Angkor
- Marvel at the glittering palaces and pagodas of Phnom Penh
- Indulge in some fresh local flavours on the streets of Ho Chi Minh City
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 4 nights in 4* hotels
- 7-night The Lost Civilisation River Cruise
- 11 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 8 dinners
- Visit to Angkor Wat
- Visit to Angkor Thom & Ta Prohm
- Saigon Street Eat Tour
- Cu Chi Tunnels by Saigon River tour
- All transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Siem Reap International Airport (REP)
- Time difference: GMT+7
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Cambodia – Khmer; Vietnam – Vietnamese
- Currency: Cambodia – Cambodian Riel (KHR); Vietnam – Vietnamese dong (VND)
- Flying time from UK: around 15 hours
- Plug type: 2 round pins or 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 220V
Fly from UK to Siem Reap
Seek out your favourite temple – perhaps the faces of Bayon or the mystical Ta Prohm, slowly disappearing into the jungle.
4* Borei Angkor Hotel – Superior Room
Includes a late afternoon visit to Angkor Wat to see sunset; a visit to Angkor Thom & Ta Prohm
Board your river cruise in Kampong Cham and sail the calm waterways of the Mekong Delta, exploring the floating villages, verdant islands and bustling markets you pass on the way.
Luxury river cruise, in a Superior Cabin
Ho Chi Minh City
Leave your cruise behind in My Tho and head on by road to the modern metropolis of Ho Chi Minh City, where you’ll sample some of the world’s best Vietnamese street food.
4* Renaissance Riverside Hotel
Includes an evening Saigon Street Eat tour; a visit to Cu Chi Tunnels by Saigon River
Depart Ho Chi Minh City and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.