Lau Discovery Cruise
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Some of the highlights included are:
- Discover remote islands and stunning reefs rarely visited by tourists
- Visit local villages and learn about island life
- Swim in some of the most pristine and clear waters the Lau Islands have to offer
- Experience an ancient turtle call ceremony
- Visit the beautiful Bay of Islands
- Have the opportunity to snorkel, dive or enjoy the glass bottom boat daily
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 10 nights accommodation on board the luxurious MV Reef Endeavour
- All meals
- Daily island stopovers and water activities
- Guided island, village and school tours
- Use of snorkelling equipment and mini gym
- Kids' Club (5-10 years)
- Transfers at the end of your cruise
Need to know
- All ages welcome
- Speak to your consultant about extending your trip pre or post tour
Set sail on you Lau Discovery Cruise. After boarding there will be a full briefing from your guide a wonderful welcome dinner as you cruise into a South Pacific sunset.
Taveuni at Lavena
Taveuni at Lavena
Explore the beautiful beach on the rugged southern coastline of Taveuni at Lavena, take an easy half hour hike to a spectacular waterfall and fresh water pool and enjoy a picnic lunch ashore while chatting to the locals. For the more adventurous there may be a guided kayak tour along the coast to waterfalls directly into the sea (weather permitting).
Today, you'll reach the most northern island of Lau—Wailagilala. See the remains of a disused lighthouse, or go fishing and exploring the abundant fish life snorkelling.
Explore some amazing caves and incredible reefs in aqua lagoons.
At the village of Lomaloma learn about Ma’afu, the Tongan Prince, be entertained by this largely Tongan community and explore the pristine waters.
Experience a traditional Meke, Sevusevu & lovo, quite different from the traditional Fijian.
You will visit a local school and the children will surprise you with their entertainment and show you their work. You will also have the opportunity to explore their reefs.
The traditional Turtle callers of Vunisea Village will entertain you. The ceremony is on a headland accessed via a rocky incline. This may be difficult for those with limited mobility. Kadavu is the southern-most island in Fiji and has an amazing array of corals and fish not seen in other parts of Fiji.
Speak to your travel consultant abour extending your trip.