Landscapes of New Zealand
... diverse nature and fascinating geological formations. With plenty of time to explore all four corners of this wonderful landscape, you’ll be hooked.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Gaze across glacial lakes to the peak of Mount Cook, New Zealand’s highest mountain
- Discover the great outdoors against the scenic backdrop of Lake Taupo
- Learn about Maori culture among the geysers and mud pools of Rotorua
- Soak up the sun as you cruise the tranquil Bay of Islands in search of dolphins
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 20 nights in 4.5–5* hotels
- 14 days car hire
- Milford Sound cruise with lunch
- TranzAlpine return train ride
- Return ferry from Picton to Bay of Many Coves
- One way ferry from Picton to Wellington
- Tamaki Maori Village tour
- Pride of Auckland dinner cruise
- Dolphin Discovery cruise
- All transfers aboard a private vehicle
Need to know
- Arrives: Queenstown Airport (ZQN)
- Time difference: GMT+13
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require a visa
- Language: English and Maori
- Currency: New Zealand dollar (NZD)
- Flying time from UK: around 27 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Queenstown
Thrill-seek in adventurous Queenstown. Cruise past the dramatic cliffs and cascading waterfalls of Milford Sound, looking out for the New Zealand fur seals sunbathing on the rocks.
5* Spire Queenstown
Includes a Milford Sound cruise with lunch
Aoraki Mount Cook
Head into Aoraki Mount Cook National Park and appreciate the majesty of Mount Cook, New Zealand’s highest mountain.
4.5* Hermitage Hotel
Ride the scenic TranzAlpine Train from Christchurch to Greymouth and back, passing through deep gorges, thick forest and snow-capped mountains.
5* George Hotel
Includes a return ride aboard the scenic TranzAlpine train.
Spot whales in Kaikoura, a town famous for its fresh seafood and frequent sightings of sperm whales, dolphins, fur seals and albatross.
5* Hapuku Lodge & Tree Houses
Bay of Many Coves
Admire the scenic vistas at the Bay of Many Coves, found among the islets and rugged coastline of the delightful Marlborough Sounds.
5* Bay of Many Coves Resort
Includes the return ferry between Picton and Bay of Many Coves
Uncover Kiwi culture in Wellington, home to the excellent Te Papa national museum, which explores the history, biology and archaeology of New Zealand.
5* Bolton Hotel
Includes a one-way ferry from Picton to Wellington
Get outdoors in beautiful Lake Taupo, which offers a wealth of activities to those who like the fresh mountain air. Hiking, biking and kayaking are popular choices.
5* Huka Lodge
Meet the Maoris in Rotorua, found at the heart of New Zealand’s Maori culture. It’s also a geological wonderland of geysers, hot springs and mud pools, waiting to be explored.
5* Peppers on the Point
Includes a Tamaki Maori Village Tour with typical hangi meal – 6:00pm
Soak up the sights of multicultural Auckland, filled with museums, ancient lava flows and sweeping sea views across the Hauraki Gulf.
5* Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour
Includes the Pride of Auckland dinner cruise – 06:00pm
Bay of Islands
Cruise the calm waters of the Bay of Islands, past forested islands and rugged coastlines, in search of dolphins and other marine life.
5* Waterfront Suites
Includes a Dolphin Discovery cruise to Hole in the Wall – 09:00am
Depart Bay of Islands and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.