Landscapes of Laos
... filled with crumbling French architecture. Head into the countryside and explore the fishing villages of Nam Ngum Lake and the spectacular karst peak scenery of Vang Vieng. Finish up in photogenic Luang Prabang, right on the banks of the Mekong.
Some of the highlights included are:
- People watch from one of Vientiane’s cosy French-style cafes
- Sail the calm waters of Nam Ngum Lake and visit its islands
- Get outdoors and get active among the peaks and valleys of Vang Vieng
- Admire the glittering temples and atmospheric monasteries of Luang Prabang
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 8 nights in 4* hotels & hand-picked local gems
- Vientiane city & Buddha Park tour
- Full Day Nam Ngum Lake excursion
- Luang Prabang Full Day City tour
- Mekong River Trip to Pak Ou Caves
- All transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Wattay International Airport (VTE)
- Time difference: GMT+7
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Lao
- Currency: Lao Kip (LAK)
- Flying time from UK: around 18 hours
- Plug type: 2 round pins
- Voltage: 220V / 50c
Fly from UK to Vientiane
Admire the French colonial buildings and blooming flowers of Vientiane. Try out the bakeries and head out to Nam Ngum Lake to explore the quaint fishing villages.
3.5* City Inn Hotel
Includes a Vientiane city & Buddha Park tour; a full day Nam Ngum Lake excursion
Soak up the karst peaks and pretty riverside scenery in Vang Vieng. Perhaps try some rock climbing, river kayaking or mountain biking.
4* Vansana Vang Vieng Hotel
Includes a semi-guided private tour
Luang Prabang, a World Heritage city filled with golden wats and orange clad monks, is located at the confluence of the Mekong and the Khan rivers. Take a river cruise and see the city sights.
3.5* 3 Nagas Hotel
Includes a full-day city tour of Luang Prabang; a Mekong River trip to Pak Ou Caves
Depart Luang Prabang and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.