Land of the Rising Sun
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Some of the highlights included are:
- Be dazzled by a gold-plated shogun shrine in Nikko
- Reflect on the past in Hiroshima
- Experience the collision of old and new Japan
- Delve into geisha culture in Kyoto
- See neon-hued Tokyo city lights
- Sip sake in Takayama
- Soak in a traditional outdoor onsen in Hakone
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- Meals: 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners
- Accommodation: Guesthouse (5 nights), Hotel (1 night), Ryokan (7 nights)
- Transport: Boat, Bus, Cable car, Ferry, Train, Train (bullet)
- Activities: Hakone - Cable car, Hakone - Lake Ashino-Ko boat trip, Himeji - Himeji Castle, Kyoto - Temple/Shrine entrance (2), Nikko - Toshogu Shrine, Takayama - Hida Folk Village, Takayama - Market visit
Need to know
- Group size: Min 1, Max 12
- Ages: Min 15
Tokyo is a dynamic, modern hub, the thriving capital of an ancient land.
On day 2, the morning is free for you to stroll the outer grounds of the Imperial Palace, heading to the famous shopping district of Ginza.
Nikko has been a sacred site since the middle of the 8th century and the shrines and temples dotted throughout the area are inspiring evidence of the city's glory.
Leaving Nikko, we hop aboard a local train, a bullet train, another bullet train and finally a bus to reach Hakone.
Travelling by Shinkansen (bullet train) is an absolute buzz as we reach speeds of up to 270 km per hour!
Hiroshima is a bustling metropolis with a tragic history.
We travel on to Kyoto via Himeji-jo Castle, a sight to behold.