Kiwi Wilderness Adventure
Follow the ever-changing landscape, from volcanoes and lakes, to mountains and glaciers, and breathe in the fresh air as you drive, hike, luge, walk, cruise and swim your way around the undulating Kiwi countryside.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Cruise, kayak, swim, walk or bike around stunning Lake Taupo
- Watch the geysers & mud pools explode into life in Rotorua
- See the frozen crevices of Franz Josef Glacier up close
- Admire picturesque Milford Sound from the water on a relaxing cruise
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International & internal flights
- 13 nights in 4–4.5* hotels
- 11 days car hire
- Rangitoto Volcanic Explorer tour
- Hobbiton Movie Set Tour
- Gondola & 3 luge rides in Rotorua
- Rainbow Springs & Kiwi Encounter
- Abel Tasman Water & Walk tour
- Glacier Valley Walk tour
- Milford Sound cruise with lunch
- Airport transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Auckland Airport (AKL)
- Time difference: GMT+13
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require a visa
- Language: English and Maori
- Currency: New Zealand dollar (NZD)
- Flying time from UK: around 27 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Auckland
Stroll around Auckland’s chilled harbour, then board the ferry to Rangitoto Island, where you can enjoy panoramic views from the top of a 600-year-old volcano.
4.5* SKYCITY Hotel
Includes a Rangitoto Volcanic Explorer tour
Pop into Hobbiton – world-famous film set from the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies – on your way to Lake Taupo, New Zealand’s largest lake. Take a cruise, go for a swim, cast a line, or perhaps go rafting or skydiving at this scenic spot.
4.5* Hilton Taupo
Includes a Hobbiton Movie Set Tour in Matamata, on the way to Lake Taupo
Take in the spectacular geological features of Rotorua, a hotpot of Maori culture, bubbling springs, towering geysers and boiling mud pools.
4.5* Novotel Rotorua Lakeside
Includes a ride up the Skyline gondola & 3 luge ridges; an entry to Rainbow Springs & Kiwi Encounter experience
Board your flight to warm and sunny Nelson, where you’ll head to the crystal-clear waters, beachside caves and rocky outcrops of nearby Abel Tasman National Park for a walking tour.
4.5* Grand Mercure Monaco
includes an Abel Tasman Water & Walk tour
Continue south to the icy formations and frozen landscape of the Franz Josef Glacier and participate in a scenic Glacier Valley Walk to the dramatic face of the ice.
4* Scenic Hotel Franz Josef
Includes a Glacier Valley Walk tour
Scare yourself silly with a range of adventurous activities in adrenaline-fuelled Queenstown before calming down with a more sedate cruise through stunning Milford Sound.
4* Novotel Queenstown Lakeside
Includes a Milford Sound cruise with lunch
Depart Queenstown and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.