Hike the hills and relax on the white sands of Indonesia’s paradise islands, Bali and Lombok, ...
... with a smattering of idyllic Gili Island beaches thrown in for good measure. Raft the rivers, dive the reefs, trek the forests and explore the villages of these beautiful islands.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Discover your spiritual side in Ubud, full with pretty temples and treasure-filled galleries
- Soak up the rays or try out some watersports on Seminyak’s blissful beaches
- Snorkel with sea turtles and colourful fish on gorgeous Gili Trawangan Island
- Explore natural beauty spots and visit quaint villages along Lombok’s southwest coast
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 13 nights in 4–5* hotels & hand-picked local gems
- White water rafting tour in Ubud
- All transfers aboard a private vehicle
- Water taxi from Seminyak to Gili Trawangan
Need to know+
- Arrives: Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS)
- Time difference: GMT+8
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require visa for stays of less than 30 days
- Language: Indonesian
- Currency: Indonesian Rupiah (IDR)
- Flying time from UK: around 16½ hours
- Plug type: 2 round pins
- Voltage: 220V/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Ubud
Transfer to Ubud upon arrival in Indonesia. Immerse yourself in the peace and serenity of Ubud, the cultural heart of Bali. Made famous by the life-affirming novel Eat, Pray, Love, which was later made into a popular movie starring Julia Roberts, Ubud is filled with art galleries and exquisite architecture, and it’s worth taking the time to explore its streets in detail. Inject a dash of adrenaline into your holiday with a thrilling white water rafting trip past the lush rice terraces and palm trees of the island’s interior.
Continue to the glossy beach town of Seminyak, where fruity cocktails, boutique shops and sensational sunsets create a heady mix of sun-drenched pursuits. Massage fans are in for a treat as Seminyak is the spa capital of Bali, an island renowned for its spas. Luxuriate at one of the sophisticated resorts, treat yourself to a treatment or two and relax in the sumptuousness of it all. Seminyak is also well-known for its high end art galleries, where a modern piece by a Balinese artist costs anywhere from a few cents to tens of thousands of dollars.
Take the boat across to Gili Trawangan, locally nicknamed Gili T, an island surrounded by marine life rich waters and soft sandy beaches. Dine out on some excellent home-cooked fare in the cheap-as-chips local restaurants, many of which have beachside seating. Take to the seas and snorkel or dive the reefs, keeping an eye out for the sea turtles that frequent the waters here. Landlubbers can stick to the coastal walking track, a 90-120 minute circumnavigation of the island offering sparkling sea views.
Explore the sweeping coves and lush hills of Senggigi, backed by dense jungle, coconut palms and the looming peak of Gunung Agung. Take a look around Lombok’s luscious south west coast, where you can ascend to the top of Gunung Pengsong, a 300m peak with fabulous views of the surrounding rice terraces and home to a troupe of mischievous monkeys. Later, watch the sunset from Pura Batu Bolong, a pretty Hindu temple overlooking the beach.
Why you can trust us
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have
a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.