Highlights of Vietnam & Cambodia
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Some of the highlights included are:
- Taste the delicious street food of Hanoi on a Street Eats tour in the Old Quarter
- Spend the night on board a traditional junkboat cruising the green waters of Halong Bay
- Tour the vast network of waterways and fishing villages that make up the Mekong Delta
- Explore the many temples of Angkor with a guide, including the mystical Angkor Thom
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Indirect international flights & internal flights
- 12 nights in 4* hotels
- 1 night on board L’Azalee junkboat
- Overnight train from Hanoi to Danang
- Hanoi Street Eats tour
- Hoi An Boat and Bike tour
- Full day Mekong Delta tour
- Genocide Museum and Killing Fields tour
- Angkor tour with lunch
- All transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Noi Bai International Airport (HAN
- Time difference: GMT+7
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Vietnamese, Khmer
- Currency: Vietnamese dong (VND), US Dollar (USD), Cambodian riel (KHR)
- Flying time from UK: around 20 hours
- Plug type: 2 round pins or 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 220V
Fly from UK to
A true east-meets-west city, Hanoi is a cacophony of motorbikes, street stalls, temples, pagodas and skyscrapers. Explore the elegant Temple of Literature as well as Ngoc Son Temple, which extends out into Hoan Kiem Lake, which itself is a lovely peaceful spot away from the frenetic streets. In the evening, join your guide for a culinary adventure, sampling the street food and local beer from Hanoi’s Old Quarter.
4* Silk Path Hotel
Hanoi Street Eats tour
Here, you’ll join a two-day cruise across the green waters on board L’Azalee wooden junkboat, calling in at fishing villages, kayaking to coves and, if you fancy, swimming in the sea. The following morning, you’ll wake up on the water and can join a morning Tai Chi session on board before visiting a pearl farm and then cruising back to shore. Return to Hanoi and take the overnight train to Danang.
Overnight Halong Bay Cruise Overnight train to Danang
While you’re here, you’ll take part in a boat and bike tour, where you’ll weave through the backstreets to the countryside, visiting some of the region’s villages, talking to the locals and learning about rural life among the rice paddies. Later, you’ll take a boat down the Thu Bon River and explore the fishing villages from the water.
4* La Siesta
Hoi An Boat & Bike tour
Ho Chi Minh City
Here, there’s a plethora of historical sights to explore, including the Reunification Palace, the former presidential palace, which has been left as it was the day Saigon fell to the North. While staying in the city, you’ll take a tour of the Mekong Delta. Often referred to as the rice bowl of Vietnam, the Mekong is a vast network of canals and channels which you will explore by boat. Take a look around floating markets, taste the local food and see how the local crafts are made.
4* Park Royal Saigon
Full day Mekong Delta tour
With must-see sights including the Royal Palace, the National Museum and Wat Phnom temple, there’s plenty to do here, and your Journey includes a visit to the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek. It’s a sobering place, and now a memorial site where you can pay your respects to those who died here during the reign of the Khmer Rouge.
4* White Mansion Boutique Hotel
Genocide Museum and Killing Fields tour
You’ll join your guide for a tour of the temples, starting with sunrise over Angkor Wat. Later, pay a visit to Angkor Thom and the faces of Bayon, followed by Angkor Wat itself in the afternoon. This enormous temple complex, one of the largest in the world, took 30 years to build and is covered in intricate carvings. Make sure you take time to look around Siem Reap itself while you’re here as it is home to various temples and museums and has plenty of good restaurants to try.
4* Aviary Hotel
Angkor tour with lunch