Highlights of Thailand
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Some of the highlights included are:
- Discover the glittering palaces of Bangkok
- Cycle through the rolling hills of Chiang Mai
- Visit gentle giants at the Friends of the Asian Elephant Centre
- Spend a night with the second-largest hilltribe in Thailand
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights with Thai Airways
- Small Group Journey with up to 16 like-minded travellers
- 9 nights’ accommodation
- 1 night in an overnight train
- 10 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
- Grand Palace tour
- Doi Suthep temple
- Khantohk dinner and cultural show
- Thai cooking class
- Hmong hill tribe traditional meal & cultural performance
- Historical park bike tour
- Kanchanaburi War Cemetery & Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum
- Ground transport
Need to know
- Arrives: Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)
- Time difference: GMT+7
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require visa for stays of less than 30 days
- Language: Thai
- Currency: Thai baht (THB)
- Flying time from UK: around 12 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 round pins or 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 220V
Fly from the UK to Bangkok.
Fly from the UK to Bangkok.
The rest of your afternoon is free to enjoy; why not indulge in a Thai massage, or explore the floating markets?
In your free time, take a bicycle tour through the hills, or indulge in a spa treatment. After dark, you’ll be treated to a traditional khantohk dinner while being entertained by tribal dancers. The next day, learn to cook delicious Thai cuisine, before the best part – sitting down to taste your creations. Continue the foodie theme into the evening with a stroll through the Night Bazaar, or simply relax at one of the riverfront restaurants.
Overnight sleeper train Doi Suthep temple Khantohk dinner and cultural show Thai cooking class
Set within a scenic mountain range, the views here are incredible. Enjoy a barbecue in the open-air dining area, before a cultural show staged by the Hmong people.
H’mong Lodge meal and cultural show
Make friends with these gentle giants, before heading to the famous World Heritage-listed park. Explore the historical ruins of Old Sukhothai, set amid beautiful lakes and gardens. Make sure your camera is ready to capture images of the large ponds filled with multi-coloured lotus flowers in full bloom. Pedal through the park, before enjoying a delicious home-cooked picnic lunch.
Historical Park bike tour and picnic lunch
Take a ride along the historic tracks and travel over the bridge on the River Kwai, passing incredible scenery on the way. At night, explore the wares on offer by the street vendors, and enjoy a drink overlooking the river.
Kanchanaburi War Cemetery Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum Historical train journey
Uncover the magnificent Wat Pho, feast on street food or embark on a riverboat ride.