Highlights of New South Wales
... extraordinary landscapes, rugged mountains and plenty of outdoor activities. Tour the iconic Sydney Opera House before tasting the fresh food and wine in the Hunter Valley and admiring the gorgeous scenery of the misty Blue Mountains.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Gaze upon the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge and Circular Quay
- Sip on fine wines among row after row of lush vines in the Hunter Valley
- Walk among the rugged scenery and fascinating wildlife of the Blue Mountains
- Tour the world-famous Sydney Opera House and learn its secrets
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 8 nights in 4.5* hotels
- 3 days car hire
- 4 days car hire
- Picnic amongst the vines in the Hunter Valley
- Sydney Opera House tour
- Transfers in Sydney
Need to know
- Arrives: Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD)
- Time difference: GMT+10
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: Around 22 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to
Welcome to Sydney, one of the most photogenic cities in the world. Take a stroll around Circular Quay and soak up the views of Sydney Harbour before admiring the shining white sails of the Opera House on a tour. If you’re feeling brave, perhaps sign up for a Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb, where you’ll walk above the roaring traffic to the top of the bridge (with a harness of course) for fabulous harbour and opera house views, as well as a unique perspective on the rest of the city.
4.5* Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall
Sydney Opera House tour
Leave Sydney behind and enter the sun-drenched countryside of the lush Hunter Valley, where you’ll call in at a vineyard or two and taste the local wines over a picnic. The Hunter Valley is known for its Semillon and Shiraz, but try a few different grape varieties and vintages and find your favourite tipple. It’s not just wine that’s on offer – you can also gorge your way through craft beers, decadent chocolates, cheeses, olives and olive oils.
4.5* Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
Picnic amongst the vines
Admire the rugged landscapes of the Blue Mountains, watch the indigo-hued mist emanate from the eucalyptus forests and discover what gave these dramatic peaks their name. Park yourself in one of the various lookout points for fabulous views – try Echo Point in Katoomba where you’ll be able to see the Three Sisters and all the way down the Jamison Valley. If you’re feeling more energetic, take a hike along the various walking trails or hire a mountain bike. And don’t forget to try out the tea and cakes in one of the quaint local cafes.
4.5* Fairmont Resort
Depart Blue Mountains and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.