Hanoi, Sapa & Beach
... starting with charming Hanoi and its lakes and pagodas, continuing to the cool climes of pretty Sapa, home to traditional hill tribes, and finishing with the warm waters and soft sands of seaside Danang.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Delight in Vietnam’s delicious cuisine on a Hanoi Street Eats tour
- Discover Sapa’s quaint hill tribe villages and ethnic marketplaces
- Hike through Northern Vietnam’s rolling hills & terraced rice paddies
- Soak up the sun on the palm-fringed beaches of laid-back Danang
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 8 nights in 5* hotels
- 5-night Sapa in Style tour – Including 2 overnight trains
- Hanoi afternoon walking tour
- Street Eats tour
- All transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Noi Bai International Airport (HAN)
- Time difference: GMT+7
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Vietnamese
- Currency: Vietnamese dong (VND)
- Flying time from UK: around 20 hours
- Plug type: 2 round pins or 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 220V
Fly from UK to
Touch down in atmospheric Hanoi and join a fascinating walking tour through the city’s winding streets. Swing by a couple of museums, such as the Vietnamese Women’s Museum and the Ho Chi Minh Museum, take a look around the pretty Temple of Literature, and stroll around the pleasant Hoan Kiem Lake, a popular spot for Tai Chi. In the middle of the lake, across a pedestrianized bridge, is Ngoc Son Temple, which displays a rather macabre mummified giant turtle. Later, taste the fabulously aromatic street food, the best in the world.
5* Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi
Hanoi afternoon walking tour Street Eats tour
Board your overnight train to Sapa, found at an altitude of 1500m and with a cool climate and some verdant yet rugged scenery. It’s very pretty, with rice terraces all around and mountain peaks poking through the morning mists. There are a few colonial buildings in town but the real attractions lie out in the countryside, which you’ll visit when you trek to Ta Van and Lao Chai villages. Enjoy a picnic lunch on the way, and visit the colourful ethnic markets, before returning to Sapa and taking the overnight train back to Hanoi.
4* Victoria Sapa Hotel
2 nights on-board overnight trains
Fly to Danang, Vietnam’s fifth largest city, popular for its beautiful beaches. Danang can be used to explore the Vietnamese highlights of Hoi An and Hue, which are both within driving distance. The shrine-covered Marble Mountains are 9 kilometres south of town and well worth a visit for the numerous caves, carved temples, grottoes and pagodas. To cool down a bit, why not head up to Ba Na Hill station, which has lovely views over the South China Sea. Or perhaps just hit on the beach - with its soft sand and warm waters, there are plenty of opportunities for relaxation.
5* Furama Resort Danang
Depart Danang and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.