Great Wall & Warriors
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Warriors, walls, waterways and wontons. See the sights and taste the delights on our fantastic journey through China - both ancient and modern.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Beijing - Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, UNESCO listed Emperor's Summer Palace, Silk Alley markets, Cloisonne Factory, Hutong area of Beijing, Chinese Acrobatic Show
- Badaling - UNESCO listed Great Wall of China
- Xi'an - UNESCO listed Terracotta Warriors, Clay warrior workshop, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, City Wall and bike ride
- Shanghai - Oriental Pearl TV Tower, The Bund and Old Shanghai, Yuyuan Garden, Huangpu River skyline of Pudong City
- Suzhou - UNESCO listed gardens, Grand Canal and waterways, Silk factory, Humble Administrator’s Garden
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 6 nights in hotel accommodation, 2 nights on overnight trains
- 8 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- Transport: Travel by train, taxi
- Guided Tour of Xi'an, Shanghai, Suzhou, Badaling and Beijing
- Rickshaw Ride through the Hutongs
- Shanghai - Huangpu River cruise
- Chinese Acrobatic Performance
- Bike ride in Xi'an
- Historic cruise of the Grand Canal in Suzhou
- Tour leader throughout
Need to know
- Single supplement applies
- Speak to your travel consultant about extending your trip pre or post tour
Huan ying, welcome to China and the start of your holiday!
Boasting some 9999 rooms, the city within a city was once the sole preserve of the Chinese emperors. This afternoon, take a rickshaw ride through the Hutongs of Beijing and this evening, enjoy an eye boggling Chinese acrobatic performance. Swinging ropes, juggling hoops, spinning plates and human pyramids are just a few tricks these show stoppers pull out followed by a welcome dinner of Peking Duck at a city restaurant.
The Great Wall
The Great Wall
Built in the Ming Dynasty, a 6m wide pathway makes a formidable defence, following the highest contours of a steep range of hills. This evening take an optional Beijing by Night city tour and see some of the capital's monuments illuminated against the night sky (payable locally).
There are a few unusual breakfast delicacies on offer! Later, visit the Emperor's Summer Palace, set on Kunming Lake and the Silk Alley Markets. Drive past the 2008 Olympic Stadium commonly referred to as the ‘Bird's Nest’ and Aquatic Centre before boarding your overnight sleeper train (4 berth soft sleeper cabins) to Xi'an.
Tonight, optional Tang Dynasty Bolt-on, with dinner and performance.
Big Wild Goose Pagoda
Big Wild Goose Pagoda
Next, visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda and take a bicycle ride along Xi’an medieval City Wall. Dinner is served early this evening prior to boarding the overnight express train bound for Shanghai.
Perhaps, China’s most modern city, its amazing Pudong skyline is stunning. After breakfast at our hotel, we take a tour of the many city sights including Yuyuan Garden and The Bund, with a cruise on the Huangpu River.
A sort of oriental Venice, ancient Suzhou is interwoven by a series of canals and pretty waterways which feed a series of classical gardens, laid out here since the Song dynasty, a thousand years ago. They are justly famous across China. Suzhou sits very close to the Grand Canal. We enjoy a cruise on the Grand Canal, tour the Humble Administrator’s Garden and visit a silk workshop.
Your tour ends after breakfast and onward departure transfer to airport.