You’ll have the chance to get out on the water too, choosing between kayaking, boating or swimming, and taking the ferry to the dramatic Apostle Islands Caves and the old fashioned charm of Mackinac Island.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Ascend Chicago’s Sears Tower for far-reaching city views
- Take in scenic views of Lake Michigan on a lakeside drive
- Sail to the dramatic caves of Lake Superior’s Apostle Islands
- Spend a couple of nights among the olde worlde surrounds of Mackinac Island
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international flights
- 12 nights in 4* hotels & hand-picked local gems
- 12 days car hire
- Return ferry to Mackinac Island
Need to know
- Arrives: Chicago O’Hare International Airport
- Time difference: GMT-5
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an electronic travel authorisation (ESTA), available online
- Language: English
- Currency: US dollar (USD)
- Flying time from UK: around 9 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
Fly from UK to Ephraim
Drive around the western edge of Lake Michigan to the picturesque village of Ephraim, a great place to explore by kayak, Jet Ski or paddle board.
3.5* Eagle Harbour Inn
Head on to Green Bay, famous for its Railroad Museum and its cheese and bratwurst, and check out the mysterious House on the Rock, an eclectic collection of artworks and trinkets.
3* Courtyard Middleton/Madison
Follow the Mississippi River to Winona, an island city found on a sandbar. Take a look around the many churches and admire the views from Garvin Heights Outlook.
4* Alexander Mansion
Continue to pretty St Paul, one of the Twin Cities, the other being Minneapolis. Take a look at the castle-like Landmark Center and browse its galleries and exhibitions.
4* The Common
Arrive into Bayfield on Lake Superior and take a boat to the Apostle Islands, where you can kayak through dramatic sea caves that freeze over in winter to become impressive ice caves.
3.5* Old Rittenhouse Inn
Explore Marquette in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. Take a stroll around the docks, browse the maritime museum and view the world’s largest wooden dome.
3* Landmark Inn
Take the ferry to Mackinac Island and admire the twisted rock formations and Lake Huron views. Cycle the bike trails, kayak the shoreline or take a carriage ride around the grand Victorian architecture.
4* Grand Hotel
Tour the art galleries of Saugatuck, on Lake Michigan’s eastern edge. Ride the nearby dunes, chill out on the beach and take the historic chain ferry across the Kalamazoo River.
3* Beachway Resort and Hotel
Depart Saugatuck and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.