Great Barrier Reef Island Stays
Staying on four of the best islands in the region, you’ll swim in freshwater lakes, laze on perfect white sand beaches, and grab a snorkel or dive beneath the waves to discover a magical underwater world.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Swim in deep turquoise and emerald green freshwater lakes on Fraser Island
- Snorkel and kayak the warm clear waters of Fitzroy Island and look out for turtles
- Relax and kick back in the beautiful surrounds of Lady Elliot Island
- Sail from Hamilton Island to the gorgeous white sands of Whitehaven Beach
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Authentic local experiences
- All international & internal flights
- 15 nights in 4-4.5* hotels & hand-picked local gems
- Fraser Island tour
- Whitehaven Beach & Daydream Island cruise
- Snorkelling & Kayaking Fitzroy Island
- All airport transfers
- *does not include transfer from Redcliffe to Brisbane on day 9
Need to know
- Arrives: Brisbane Airport (BNE)
- Time difference: GMT+10
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: around 21 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Brisbane
Explore the vibrant city of Brisbane. Wander through world-class galleries, sip on luscious cocktails in the bars and enjoy al-fresco meals in the sunshine by the lazy Brisbane River.
4.5* Next Hotel Brisbane
Fly to Hervey Bay, then take the boat and discover the rock formations, sand dunes and lakes of Fraser Island, the largest sand island in the world.
4* Kingfisher Bay Resort
Fraser Island beauty spot tour
Lady Elliot Island
On your return to Hervey Bay, you’ll fly to Lady Elliot Island, where you can if you can spot a turtle or two. As you fly in, look out for the shadows of the manta rays, sometimes visible in the sea below.
3* Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort
From Lady Elliot Island, you’ll fly to Redcliffe and then on to Brisbane for the night. Perhaps take a walk by the river or try out one of the many exciting restaurants that the city has to offer.
4.5* Next Hotel Brisbane
Fly to the beautiful Whitsundays and explore Hamilton Island, with its azure waters and bright white beaches. While you’re here, board your boat for a scenic cruise to Whitehaven Beach.
4* Reef View Hotel
Scenic cruise to Whitehaven Beach
Chill out among the tropical rainforests and warm waters of Fitzroy Island. Snorkelling and sea kayaking are included here, so grab your paddle and explore the fish-filled seas.
4.5* Fitzroy Island Resort
Snorkelling & kayaking
Head on to the lush rainforests that surround laid-back Port Douglas. Spend lazy days kicking back on Four Mile Beach's spectacular stretch of coastline, sprinkled with white sand and lapped by turquoise waters.
4.5* Mantra Aqueous on Port
Depart Port Douglas and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.