Great Barrier Reef In Depth
This Journey allows you to see the best of this marine wonderland: cruise in style along the calm blue waters, don your snorkel or scuba gear and get up close and personal with the reef, before relaxing on the picturesque beaches when you return to shore.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Discover the vibrant underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef
- Savour the tropical paradise of Lizard Island, home to countless marine species
- Visit unique Cape Tribulation, the only place in the world where two World Heritage sites sit side by side
- Dive a little deeper and explore the Great Barrier Reef in more detail
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 8 nights in our best selling 4–5* hotels
- 5 days car hire
- Kuranda, Skyrail & Scenic Rail tour
- 4 nights Northern Great Barrier Reef Cruise – Coral Princess
- Cape Tribulation & Daintree Rainforest tour
- All airport transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Cairns Airport (CNS)
- Time difference: GMT+10
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: around 21 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts
Fly from UK to Cairns
Soak up life in Tropical North Queensland – relax by the esplanade in Cairns and visit the beautiful rainforest town of Kuranda via the scenic Skyrail and Scenic Railway.
4* Mantra Esplanade
Includes a Kuranda, Skyrail & Scenic Rail tour
Great Barrier Reef
See the best of the Great Barrier Reef as you spend four nights sailing the beautiful Ribbon and Escape Reefs as well as exploring the coastal town of Cooktown and pretty Lizard Island.
4 nights on board cruise
Includes a northern Great Barrier Reef cruise
Relax on the beautiful beach in Port Douglas and explore the World Heritage-listed Daintree Rainforest, location of the exceptional Cape Tribulation, where reef and rainforest converge.
5* QT Port Douglas
Includes a Cape Tribulation and Daintree tour
Depart Port Douglas and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.