Soak up the colour and vibrancy of India’s Golden Triangle, Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, ...
... with a few days on the paradise beaches of Goa tucked on at the end. Discover Delhi’s bazaars, admire the magnificent Taj Mahal and gaze up at the imposing Amber Fort before kicking back under a palm tree and taking a dip in the warm waters of the Arabian Sea.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Capture the allure of Delhi with an expert photographer
- Be amazed by the grandeur of the Taj Mahal & the Red Fort
- Wander the colourful streets and pink palaces of Jaipur
- Wind down in Goa’s beautiful palm-fringed beaches
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international& internal flights
- 12 nights in 4* hotels
- 12 breakfasts
- City tours of Old Delhi & New Delhi
- Salaam Baalak Trust street children awareness walk
- Taj Mahal & Agra Fort
- Visit to Fatehpur Sikri
- Evening sound & light show at the Amber Fort
- Morning visit to Amber Fort
- City tour of Jaipur
- Services of a tour manager throughout your Journey, with airport meet & greets
- All transfers as per itinerary
- Journeys exclusive: Shooting with the Lenses – Delhi photo tour
- Free time in Goa to enjoy the area's beautiful beaches
Need to know+
- Arrives: Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL)
- Time difference: GMT+5:30
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Hindi, English
- Currency: Indian Rupee (INR)
- Flying time from UK: Around 9 hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Delhi
Touch down in Delhi and brace yourself for the nonstop hustle and bustle of this colourful city. Take a rickshaw ride through Old Delhi and check out the Red Fort and the lively bazaars of Chandni Chowk. Look around one of India’s largest mosques at the Jama Masjid and take a walk with Delhi’s street children and see the work that is done to help them by the Salaam Baalak Trust. Later, see Delhi’s cornucopia of colour and life through the eyes of a professional photographer, who’ll teach you new ways to capture this vibrant city.
Continue on to Agra, home to the world’s most magnificent building, the Taj Mahal, as well as the imposing Agra Fort. You’ll never forget the first time you clap eyes on the exquisite marble façade of the Taj Mahal, constructed between 1632 and 1653 by Emperor Shah Jahan for his wife Mumtaz Mahal. This striking mausoleum is not the only reason to visit Agra though, as the red sandstone Agra Fort, with its manicured lawns and decorate archways, is well worth a look too, and has far fewer visitors.
Tour the imperial city of Fatehpur Sikri before continuing on to Jaipur where you’ll ascend to the ramparts of the dominating Amber Fort, just outside town on the top of a hill, giving fabulous views of the surrounding countryside. Jaipur is known as the Pink City due to the rosy hue of the buildings at its centre, including the striking Palace of the Winds, a five storey construction. And let’s not forget the Jantar Mantar, a bizarre collection of 18th century astronomical equipment that looks more like a futuristic sculpture park.
Return to Delhi for the night. Spend the evening exploring the city’s markets, or perhaps dine out on a tasty traditional dinner in one of Delhi’s many restaurants.
Finish your Journey with long lazy days relaxing on Goa’s gorgeous beaches. Dip your toes in the softly lapping waves, feel the fine sand under your feet, and kick back under a coconut palm. Goa is a former Portuguese colony, a fact that is still evident in the crumbling architecture, the fusion food, the laid-back way of life and of course the daily siesta. Take a wander around the museums and art galleries, including the Christian Art Museum and the Naval Aviation Museum. But it’s really all about the beaches, and with 70 kilometres of almost unbroken coastline, there’s plenty to choose from.
Depart Goa and return to the UK
Why you can trust us
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have
a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.