Combine the wonders of Rajasthan, the chaos of Delhi and the sublime beauty of the Taj Mahal in this classic journey highlighting the best of the region and covering some of India’s most iconic drawcards.
From temples to tigers, with the Taj in between, this journey has it all.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Soak up the sights of Delhi’s animated streets with an expert photographer guide
- Explore the wide streets, bustling bazaars and historic palaces of Jaipur’s Pink City
- Watch the changing colours of the magnificent Taj Mahal at sunset
- Search for tigers and other wildlife in the forests of Ranthambore National Park
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Indirect international flights
- 9 nights in 4* hotels
- 9 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- City tours in Delhi & Jaipur
- Taj Mahal & Agra Fort
- Mohabbat the Taj musical play
- Visit to Fatehpur Sikri
- 3 game drives in Ranthambore
- Visit to Amber Fort
- Services of a tour manager throughout your Journey, with airport meet & greet
- All transfers
- Journeys exclusive: Framing the Morning – Delhi Photo Tour
Need to know+
- Arrives: Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL)
- Time difference: GMT+5:30
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Hindi, English
- Currency: Indian Rupee (INR)
- Flying time from UK: Around 9 hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230 volts/50 cycles
- Please note this Journey does not operate from 21 JUN to 30 SEP, as the national park is closed during this period
Fly from UK to Delhi
Fasten your seatbelts and prepare for the mayhem of Delhi, one of the most vibrant cities on earth. Witness the contrast between the Mughal monuments of the Old Town and the glossy modern malls of the New Town on your city tour, taking in the sandstone ramparts of the imposing Red Fort, a relic from the Mughal Empire. Visit Ghandi’s memorial at Raj Ghat, the soaring tower of the 13th-century Qutub Minar and the Persian-style mausoleum of Humayun’s Tomb. Try your hand at a spot of travel photography with a professional photographer, who will guide you through the flower markets and bustling lanes in the early-morning light in search of that perfect shot.
Proceed to Agra, former Mughal capital and now home to two outstanding sights. Tour the royal apartments of the Agra Fort complex and gaze in wonder at the majesty of the Taj Mahal, the most exquisite building on the planet. At sunset, take a front-row seat in the pretty flower gardens of the Mehtab Bagh for a fabulous view of the Taj’s changing colours. Spend the evening watching the lively musical ‘Mohabbat the Taj’, which tells the story of the monument and the passionate romance that inspired it.
Detour to the abandoned imperial city of Fatehpur Sikri, an enigmatic demonstration of Mughal design, established in 1569. Take a look around the complex and learn about its mysterious abandonment just 16 years after it was founded. After soaking up the history, it’s time for a bit of wildlife as you board your train to Ranthambore National Park. Head deep into the forests of this rugged park and seek out the most regal of the big cats, the Bengal tiger. If you are not lucky enough to glimpse this elusive creature, then fear not because leopards, jaguars, jungle cats, crocodiles, antelope and a wide variety of birds can also be spotted here.
Explore the colourful Rajasthani capital Jaipur, crammed with Mughal artefacts, ornate palaces and pink mansions. Take a look around the sumptuous City Palace, former residence of the Maharajas and now a fascinating museum filled with historical treasures. Learn about the influence of astrology and astronomy in Indian culture at the remarkable Jantar Mantar, a life-sized observatory stuffed full of 18th-century geometric instruments. Soak up the views from the lofty terraces and mirrored halls of the awe-inspiring Amber Fort, dramatically located atop a thin rocky plateau.
Return to Delhi to enjoy one last evening in this electrifying city.
Depart Delhi and return to the UK
Why you can trust us
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have
a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.