Glimpse of Sri Lanka
Jet off on this short and sweet Journey, covering the must-see highlights of Sri Lanka and giving you an insight into its cultures and traditions in just six days. Starting in Negombo, you’ll climb the famous Sigirya Rock Fortress, visit the Dambulla Cave Temple and tour the mediaeval capital of Polonnaruwa, before finishing your holiday in historic Kandy.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Explore the Dutch-built canal network in seaside Negombo
- Climb to the top of Sigiriya’s rock fortress for pretty forest views
- Tour the mediaeval town of Polonnaruwa and admire the many sculptures
- Learn about Sri Lanka’s aromatic spices in Kandy
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 4 nights in 4* hotels
- 4 breakfasts
- Services of a tour manager throughout your Journey, with airport meet & greets
- All transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB)
- Time difference: GMT+5:30
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Sinhalese, Tamil, English
- Currency: Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR)
- Flying time from UK: Around 10½ hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Negombo
Transfer to Negombo and explore its network of 17th century, Dutch-built canals. Walk along the canalside footpaths or ride a boat on the water and watch everyday life drift by.
4* Jetwing Sea
Spend some time with the elephants of Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage and tour the Dambulla Cave Temple on your way to Sigiriya, where you’ll climb the rock fortress.
4* Aliya Resort & Spa
Stop off at the delightful spice gardens on the outskirts of Kandy before touring the city itself, visiting the famous Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic.
4* Amaya Hills
Depart Kandy and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.