Garden Route & Safari
... this classic self-drive Journey perfectly showcases the diversity of South Africa. After the dream-like scenery of Cape Town and the Garden Route, your trip will end with once-in-a-lifetime game viewing opportunities on safari.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Explore Cape Town, one of the world’s most beautiful cities
- Ascend Table Mountain for stunning city and ocean views
- Sample fresh oysters on the shores of the Knysna Lagoon
- Sip local fine wines among pretty mountain vineyards in Stellenbosch
- Head to Plettenberg Bay to observe whales, dolphins and seals.
- Spot the Big Five on guided 4x4 safari in Addo Elephant Park
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 10 nights in our best-selling 4* hotels
- 11 days car hire
- 3 game drives
- Table Mountain & Cape Town city tour
Need to know
- Arrives: Cape Town International Airport (CPT)
- Time difference: GMT+2
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require a visa
- Language: 11 official languages including English and Afrikaans
- Currency: South African Rand (ZAR)
- Flying time from UK: around 12 hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230V
- A one-way fee applies for the car hire in this Journey; please ask us for details
Fly from UK to Cape Town
First impressions of Cape Town are always positive – this buzzing city sits at the foot of imposing Table Mountain, which dominates the city skyline. Climb to the top for stunning city and ocean views.
4* Bantry Bay Luxury Suites
Includes a Table Mountain and city tour
Set off on your Garden Route adventure. First stop is the handsome town of Stellenbosch, known for its countless wineries, museums, galleries and restaurants.
4* Spier Hotel
Head on to the harbour town of Mossel Bay for a one night stop. Relax on one of the beautiful beaches or get your adventure fix from the many activities on offer, ranging from hiking to shark cage diving.
4* Protea Hotel Mossel Bay
The seaside town of ‘Plett’, as the locals call it, is home to beautiful white sandy beaches and is a great spot to try some water sports, or take a boat into the bay for some whale and dolphin watching.
4* Whalesong Hotel & Hydro
Addo Elephant Park
It's on to Port Elizabeth today and Addo Elephant Park, where you’ll check in to your luxurious game lodge. Enjoy exhilarating game drives and spot the Big Five on your spectacular safari.
5* Kuzuko Lodge
Includes three game drives
Depart Addo Elephant Park and return to the UK
Book by 28th October 2016 and SAVE up to £220 per person
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.