Foothills of the Himalayas
... historic palaces, glittering temples and iconic train travel. Gaze in awe at the Golden Temple, soak up Shimla’s magnificent Himalayan views, and delight in the cornucopia of colour and sound that is Delhi.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Wonder at the dazzling beauty of the celebrated Golden Temple
- Admire the majestic views of snow-capped peaks in the Himalayan foothills
- Wind your way through stunning mountain landscapes on the iconic Toy Train
- Take a postcard-perfect photo in Delhi with the help of a professional photographer
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 10 nights in 4* hotels & hand-picked local gems
- 10 breakfasts
- Golden Temple & Amritsar City Tour
- City tours in Dharamshala, Shimla & Delhi
- Excursion to Dada Siba via Chinor
- Iconic train ride from Shimla to Delhi
- Services of a tour manager throughout your Journey, with airport meet & greets
- All transfers
- Journeys exclusive: Framing the Morning – Delhi photo tour
Need to know
- Arrives: Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport (ATQ)
- Time difference: GMT+5:30
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Hindi, English
- Currency: Indian Rupee (INR)
- Flying time from UK: Around 11 hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Amritsar
Explore the legendary city of Amritsar and visit the mediaeval Old Town, home to the famous Golden Temple, a dazzling example of a Sikh gurdwara.
4* Hyatt Amritsar
Includes a morning visit to the Golden Temple; a city tour of Amritsar; an afternoon excursion to Wagah Border
Enter the rocky landscape of Dharamshala, a hill station with a stunning snow-capped mountain backdrop. Visit McLeod Ganj, the official residence of the Dalai Lama.
3.5* The Pride Surya Mt. Resort
Includes a tour of Dharamshala
Continue to the historic village of Pragpur, where you’ll visit the beautiful hilltop palace of Dada Siba and the exquisitely decorated temple of Radha-Krsna.
4* The Judge’s Court
Includes an excursion to Dada Siba via Chinor
Admire panoramic Himalayan views from Shimla and look around the various temples and museums. Take a walk down to the Vice Regal Lodge, a palatial estate once home to the British Viceroy of India.
4* Radisson Hotel
Includes a morning tour of Shimla
Board the celebrated Toy Train, a narrow-gauge railway, and chug through spectacular mountain scenery to Delhi. Here, absorb the riotous colour of India’s liveliest city, and tour the forts and palaces.
4* Le Meridien
Includes the train from Shimla to Delhi via Kalka, including the iconic Toy Train; a full-day tour of Delhi; a Journeys exclusive: Framing the morning – Delhi photo tour
Depart Delhi and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.