Explore Sri Lanka
Encompassing sweeping white beaches, historic churches and intriguing rock temples, as well as some magnificent local wildlife and pretty countryside scenery, this Journey is definitely not to be missed.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Admire the towering Sigiriya Rock Fortress and climb to the top for great views
- Spot elephants at Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage and join with feeding time
- Admire the ornate casket at the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic
- Explore the five caverns of the Dambulla Cave Temple, filled with statues
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 7 nights in 4* hotels
- 7 breakfasts
- Services of a tour manager throughout your Journey, with airport meet & greets
- Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage
- Sigiriya Rock Fortress climb
- Dambulla Cave Temple
- Matale Spice Gardens
- Kandy city tour
- The Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic
- Colombo food tour
- Train from Peradeniya to Nanu Oya
- All transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB)
- Time difference: GMT+5:30
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Sinhalese, Tamil, English
- Currency: Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR)
- Flying time from UK: Around 10½ hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Negombo
Transfer to the seaside town of Negombo, and explore its Dutch churches. The town is famous for its huge fish market and extensive network of Dutch-built canals.
4* Jetwing Sea
Meet the elephants at the orphanage in Pinnawala and then climb to the top of Sigiriya’s rock fortress for far-reaching views across the forest canopy.
4* Aliya Resort & Spa
Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage Sigiriya Rock Fortress climb
Call in at the Dambulla Cave Temple, filled with statues and shrines and tour the delightful Matale Spice Gardens on your way to Kandy, tasting the spices as you go.
4* Amaya Hills
Dambulla Cave Temple Matale Spice Gardens Kandy city tour The Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic
Ride the train through rolling green hills to Nuwara Eliya, where you’ll learn all about its tea industry, and can even try a cup or two.
4* Heritance Tea Factory
Return to Colombo and taste your way around its eclectic restaurants on an Eat, Eat and Repeat food tour, visiting local haunts and trying the fresh produce at the markets.
4* Galle Face Hotel
Colombo food tour
Depart Colombo and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.