Head into the wild African bush and discover the diverse flora and fauna of South Africa’s game reserves, ...
... including the famous Kruger National Park on this National Geographic endorsed Journey. Explore the delights of Johannesburg and The Karongwe Private Game Reserve too, with its high density of wildlife, and finish your Journey with the awe-inspiring spectacle of Victoria Falls and dinner with a local family.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Appreciate the wide open spaces and varied wildlife of Kruger National Park
- Head off on safari and see if you can spot the Big Five
- Soak up the mountain vistas along the beautiful Panorama Scenic Route
- Feel the spray of the mighty Victoria Falls
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Small Group Journey with maximum group size 16
- All authentic local experiences mentioned except where specified optional
- All international & internal flights
- 8 nights in 4* hotels or similar luxury tented camps
- Conservation talk with a National Geographic researcher
- Game drives
- Zimbabwean family dinner
- Victoria Falls tour
- 8 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 6 dinners
- Arrival transfers & all internal transport
Need to know+
- Arrives: Johannesburg O.R. Tambo International Airport (JNB)
- Time difference: GMT+2
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require a visa
- Language: 11 official languages including English and Afrikaans
- Currency: South African Rand (ZAR)
- Flying time from UK: around 12 hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230V
Fly from UK to Johannesburg
Arrive in Johannesburg, where you’ll meet the rest of your group over a traditional braai (South African barbecue) welcome dinner.
Kruger National Park
Drive the stunning Panorama Route, with its mountain vistas, plunging waterfalls and Blyde River Canyon views to Kruger National park, where you’ll head off in search of the Big Five. Gaze across the wild African bush and keep a look out for elephant, lion, buffalo, leopard and rhino in one of Africa’s oldest and most diverse national parks. You’ll be in an open vehicle, allowing for better views and cooler temperatures when the sun’s at its highest. But it’s not all about the animals – look out for the strange looking baobab trees and the intriguing sausage tree, so-called because it looks like sausages hang from its branches.
Karongwe Private Nature Reserve
Explore the natural wonders of Karongwe Private Nature Reserve with a researcher from the Endangered Wildlife Trust’s Carnivore Conservation Programme. Keep your eyes peeled for wild dog, brown hyena, wildebeest and kudu, among many others. With over 365 species of bird, it’s a twitcher’s paradise here too – look out for kori bustards, bateleur eagles and bearded woodpeckers. And of course the quintessential safari experience – watch the orange glow of the sunset from a scenic vantage point, and sip on a refreshing sundowner or two.
After a final morning game drive, return to Johannesburg where you’ll enjoy a tasty Afrikaans dinner at your guesthouse.
Fly on to Zimbabwe and admire the mighty Victoria Falls on a guided tour. Feel the spray of the Mosi-oa-Tunya, the smoke that thunders, and marvel at this awe-inspiring natural wonder. There’s plenty to do here, from bungee jumping to white water rafting. But for the ultimate view of Victoria Falls, take to the skies on a thrilling helicopter ride over the spray, keeping a look out for elephants grazing below. (Optional activity, at extra cost) You’ll also gain an insight into traditional life in Zimbabwe as you join a local family for dinner, a National Geographic exclusive activity.
Depart Victoria Falls and return to the UK
Why you can trust us
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have
a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.