Essential Vietnam (South to North)
Travel south to north, from the steamy streets of Ho Chi Minh City to the colonial charm of heady Hanoi, with the spellbinding scenery of Halong Bay and relaxed waterways of the Mekong in between.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Sail the Mekong and take a cookery class in Ho Chi Minh City
- Check out the crumbling colonial buildings in photogenic Hoi An
- Slurp on freshly cooked pho in Hanoi, some of the tastiest street food in all Asia
- Admire the stunning karst landscape of shimmering Halong Bay on an overnight cruise
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 8 nights in 4* hotels
- 9 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 1 dinner
- Mekong Delta cruise
- Cooking class & Cu Chi Tunnels half day tour
- Half day walking tour of ancient Hoi An
- Afternoon Hanoi Street Eats Tour
- 1 night Halong Bay Cruise
- Hanoi city tour
- All transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Tân Sơn Nhất International Airport (SGN)
- Time difference: GMT+7
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Vietnamese
- Currency: Vietnamese dong (VND)
- Flying time from UK: around 20 hours
- Plug type: 2 round pins or 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 220V
Fly from UK to Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
Stay in the midst of Ho Chi Minh’s grand mansions, colourful markets and historical buildings and feel the French colonial influence in this fascinating city.
4* Duxton Ho Chi Minh City
Includes the Le Jarai Mekong Delta tour by boat; a cooking class & Cu Chi Tunnels half day tour
Board your flight to atmospheric Hoi An, where the narrow winding streets are lined with beautiful old buildings, ornate pagodas and grand houses.
4* Sunrise Hoi An Beach Resort
Includes a walking tour of Hoi An
Fly north to Hanoi and spend the rest of the day discovering the sizzling street food in the Old Quarter - learn more about Vietnam’s aromatic cuisine and sample the delicious dishes.
4* Silk Path
Includes an afternoon Hanoi Street Eats Tour
Board a traditional junkboat for an overnight cruise in picturesque Halong Bay, whose two thousand-odd limestone pinnacles rise majestically from emerald green waters.
1 night aboard a luxury Halong Bay Junkboat
Return to Hanoi and enjoy a city tour, visiting the exquisite temples, landscaped gardens, and historic monuments of this intriguing city.
4* Silk Path
Includes a Hanoi city tour
Depart Hanoi and return to the UK
Book by 44th October 2016 and SAVE up to £362 per person
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.