Essential South Island
Then this is the Journey for you. You’ll get the most out of the spectacular mountain ranges, creeping glaciers, sun-drenched vineyards and varied wildlife found in this naturally beautiful region, plus spend time in the island’s main city, Christchurch, all in a little over two weeks.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Set sail on a relaxing cruise on Milford Sound
- Admire the terminal face of the Franz Josef Glacier
- Swim with dusky dolphins in Kaikoura
- Soak up the mountain scenery from the iconic TranzAlpine Train
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 11 nights in 4-5* hotels
- TranzAlpine Train from Greymouth to Christchurch
- Milford Sound cruise
- Franz Josef Glacier Walk
- Dolphin Encounter in Kaikoura
- 11 days car hire
Need to know
- Arrives: Queenstown Airport (ZQN)
- Time difference: GMT+13
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require a visa
- Language: English and Maori
- Currency: New Zealand dollar (NZD)
- Flying time from UK: around 27 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Queenstown
Get your adrenaline pumping in thrill-seeking Queenstown. Choose from skydiving, jetboating or bungee jumping, or perhaps just admire the mountain views.
5* Peppers Beacon
Milford Sound day trip
Marvel at the twisted blue ice formations of the Franz Josef Glacier on a relaxed valley walk along the Waiho River bed, finishing at the frozen terminal face.
4.5* 58 on Cron Motel
Glacier Valley Walk
Take the scenic route from Greymouth to Christchurch on the TranzAlpine train, crossing deep gorges, gushing rivers, snow-capped mountains and thick forest along the way.
4.5* Peppers Clearwater Resort
TranzAlpine Train from Greymouth to Christchurch
Set sail on the calm waters around Kaikoura in search of the inquisitive dusky dolphin. Once you’ve found the pod, choose to dive in and swim alongside these amazing creatures.
4* White Morph
Take in the pretty vineyards of Blenheim and taste your way around the many world-class wineries, sampling the excellent Sauvignon and Pinot Noir.
4.5* Scenic Hotel Marlborough
Depart Blenheim and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.