Essential New Zealand
Covering the mountains and adrenaline sports of Queenstown, the geological wonders of Rotorua and the peaceful landscapes of the Bay of Islands, you’ll also have the chance to explore the vibrant cities of Auckland and Christchurch.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Admire the spectacular scenery of Milford Sound on a cruise
- Explore Middle Earth on your Hobbiton Movie Set tour
- Look out for dolphins in the tranquil Bay of Islands
- Discover Christchurch’s leafy parks and gardens
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International & internal flights
- Hobbiton Movie set tour
- 11 nights in 4-5* hotels
- 3 days car hire
- Milford Sound cruise
- Airport transfers
- *One way Car Hire fee may apply
Need to know
- Arrives: Queenstown Airport (ZQN)
- Time difference: GMT+13
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require a visa
- Language: English and Maori
- Currency: New Zealand dollar (NZD)
- Flying time from UK: around 27 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Queenstown
Set sail on a relaxing cruise on the still waters of Milford Sound from Queenstown. Get your camera ready and look out for dolphins as you sail among the towering cliffs, plunging waterfalls and pretty forests.
5* Peppers Beacon
Milford Sound Day tour
Explore the leafy city of Christchurch, filled with parks and gardens, and take a laid-back punting trip on the pretty River Avon.
4.5* West Fitzroy Apartments
Peer into the Hobbit Holes and dine at the Green Dragon Inn on your tour of the set of the acclaimed films Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.
4* Sudima Hotel Lake Rotorua
Hobbiton Movie Set tour
Bay of Islands
Sit back and admire the beautiful sea views from your waterfront hotel in the Bay of Islands. This collection of 150 tranquil islets is a kayaking, swimming or sailing paradise.
4* Copthorne Hotel & Resort Bay of Islands
Arrive in Auckland and perhaps take the ferry to peaceful Waiheke Island, where you’ll find pristine beaches and pretty vineyards just 35 minutes by boat from Auckland.
4* Copthorne Hotel Auckland
Depart Auckland and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.