Let the whirlwind of colour, sound and flavour that is India take your breath away on this enchanting Journey through the country’s famed Golden Triangle.
Contrasting the narrow lanes of Delhi and glorious palaces of Jaipur with the tranquil surroundings of the country’s finest Oberoi Hotels, you’ll follow in the footsteps of royalty and experience the unrivalled majesty of the Taj Mahal.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Feast your eyes on the gleaming white façade of the Taj Mahal
- Visit a fruit and vegetable market and learn the secrets of traditional Indian cooking
- Attend a Bollywood Movie screening at the opulent Raj Mandir Cinema
- Master the art of kite-flying on a roof top in Jaipur, India’s kite-flying capital
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 6 nights in 5* Oberoi Hotels & Resorts, B&B
- Services of professional English-speaking guides in each city
- Delhi, Agra & Jaipur orientations
- Taj Mahal
- Cooking demonstration with a local family
- Agra Mughal Heritage Walk
- Visit to a local market
- Bollywood movie screening at the Raj Mandir cinema
- Kite-flying lesson
- Entrance fees
- All transfers by air-conditioned private car
Need to know+
- Arrives: Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL)
- Time difference: GMT+5:30
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Hindi, English
- Currency: Indian Rupee (INR)
- Flying time from UK: Around 9 hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Delhi
Nothing quite prepares you for the colours, sights and aromas you’ll encounter when you first arrive in Delhi. Join your guide and soak up the sights – don’t miss the impressive British Colonial architecture at the President’s House and the Mughal-style Humayun’s Tomb, as well as the more contemporary Lotus Temple, built in 1986. After spending your days touring the leafy parks, browsing the bazaars and feasting on the sizzling street food, you’ll return each evening to the tranquil gardens of your luxury hotel, the Oberoi Gurgaon.
Transfer to Agra by air-conditioned private car, and take a look around the World Heritage-listed Agra Fort, built in the 11th Century. Later on, it’s time for the stand-out highlight of your trip: the Taj Mahal. Take your time, soak up the view and admire the exquisite marble façade of what is without doubt the most majestic building on the planet. The next day, set off on a Mughal Heritage walk, learning more about Agra’s fascinating history and taking a relaxing stroll through the flower-filled Mehtab Bagh Gardens, which also afford wonderful views across the Yamuna River to the Taj Mahal. While in Agra, you’ll stay at the delightful Oberoi Amarvilas, which offer perfectly framed views of the Taj Mahal from the windows.
Continue on to Jaipur and soak up the opulence and Rajput architecture on display in the Pink City’s palaces and forts, including the Amber Fort, City Palace and the Palace of the Winds. Browse the local bazaars and catch a Bollywood Movie at the Art Deco Raj Mandir Cinema as well as taking part in a rooftop kite-flying lesson. Back at your hotel, the exquisite Oberoi Rajvilas, built around an 18th century Shiva temple, relax among the exotic bird-filled gardens and admire the pretty rose-hued brickwork, coloured to match the rest of the city’s buildings.
Depart Jaipur and return to the UK
Why you can trust us
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have
a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.