Combine the best of the east coast with the best of the west coast on this mind-blowing Journey.
Visit four of the USA’s most mesmerising cities, starting with the rich history of beautiful Boston and the towering skyscrapers of NYC, then continue to the historical monuments of Washington DC and the pretty hills of San Francisco.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Explore Boston’s broad history, and get lost in the city’s trendy restaurant scene
- Admire the bright lights of New York City on a night time cruise around the harbour
- Venture out after dark and check out Washington’s most famous monuments all lit up
- Take the ferry to Alcatraz and learn more about this infamous penitentiary
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International & internal flights
- Authentic local experiences
- 8 nights in 4* hotels & hand-picked accommodation
- Boston to New York train
- New York to Washington train
- Boston Trolley tour
- Harbor Lights Circle Line Cruise
- Washington Monuments by Night tour
- San Francisco city tour with Alcatraz
- All transfers
Need to know+
- Arrives: Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Time difference: GMT-5
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an electronic travel authorisation (ESTA), available online
- Language: English
- Currency: US dollar (USD)
- Flying time from UK: around 7 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
Fly from UK to Boston
Board your classic San Francisco-style trolley and discover Boston’s Freedom Trail and Faneuil Hall Marketplace, with a stop off at the 450,000 paintings and sculptures in the Museum of Fine Arts and the Seaport District. Choose to ascend the dizzy heights of Boston’s Skywalk Observatory or watch the waddling penguins at the excellent New England Aquarium. After all that sightseeing, relax and refresh in one of the city’s trendy restaurants, perhaps trying a steaming bowl of classic New England clam chowder.
Spend some time uncovering the delights of NYC, the most exciting city in the world. You’ll never be bored as there is so much to do here – a few of our favourite attractions include wandering past the flowers and art exhibits of the elevated High Line, soaking up the views from the top of the Empire State Building and re-enacting Breakfast at Tiffany’s on 5th Avenue. Once you’ve taken in the sights, watch the New York skyline come alive after dark on your sunset Harbor Lights Cruise.
Take the train to Washington DC, the capital of the United States. From Capitol Hill and the Smithsonian to the Lincoln Memorial and the White House, DC is home to some of the USA’s most significant landmarks. But it’s not just history and heritage – Washington DC is also contemporary and cool, offering world-class dining and nightlife along with designer shopping precincts from Penn Quarter to Georgetown. Hop on board an open-air trolley and see the city’s monuments illuminated at night.
Fly to San Francisco and take the morning ferry to Alcatraz Island to learn more about the legendary prison that once housed Al Capone. Spend the afternoon exploring the sights and sounds of San Francisco, including the lively Fisherman’s Wharf, the huge Golden Gate Park and the steep and winding Lombard Street. Perhaps walk or cycle across the 1.7-mile Golden Gate Bridge for far-reaching views of the bay.
Depart San Francisco and return to the UK
Why you can trust us
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have
a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.