Discover the best of Australia’s east as you travel along the coastline, visiting iconic Sydney, ...
... trendy Surfers Paradise and chic Palm Cove along the way. Combining the definitive Aussie drawcards of gorgeous beaches, Sydney’s handsome harbour and the underwater wonders of the Great Barrier Reef, this is a Journey you’ll never forget.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge for spectacular views
- Hang out with a cocktail in the trendy bars of Surfers Paradise
- Relax on beautiful white-sand beaches
- Head beneath the surface of the Outer Great Barrier Reef
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 13 nights in 4.5–5* hotels
- Sydney BridgeClimb Sampler
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary 1-day entry
- Quicksilver Outer Great Barrier Reef day tour
- All airport transfers
Need to know+
- Arrives: Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD)
- Time difference: GMT+10
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: Around 22 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Sydney
Discover the best of sensational Sydney, from the deep blue waters of the twinkling harbour, to the gleaming white sails of the iconic Opera House. This relaxed city is blessed with 300 days of sunshine per year, so venture out to the surrounding beaches, hit the harbour on a cruise, or take a stroll in the botanical gardens and look for flying foxes. For spectacular harbour and Opera House views, don your jumpsuit and harness and climb the inner arch of the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge, an exhilarating experience.
Board your flight to the fashionable beaches of the Gold Coast and top up your tan at hedonistic Surfers Paradise. Relax on the beach by day and hit the buzzing bars and cool clubs by night in this energetic town. Head to the foreshore for Surfers’ buzzing café and restaurant scene, where there’s also late-night shopping every day of the week. For a quirkier souvenir, take a look around the beachfront markets with their craft and jewellery stalls. Your Journey includes a fantastic day trip to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, a zoological garden filled with tropical birds, kangaroos, dingoes and a giant saltwater crocodile.
Fly on to Cairns, where a private transfer will take you to upmarket Palm Cove for a touch of beachside sophistication. This town’s relaxing promenade is lined with melaleuca trees, the perfect place for a quiet stroll. Come here to relax in the spas, play a round of golf or two, kayak in the waves, or simply just chill out on the soft powdery beach. While you’re in town you’ll board a catamaran and sail to the outer reaches of the Great Barrier Reef at Agincourt Reef. Here you can choose to dive, snorkel or take a semi-sub to explore the colourful corals and kaleidoscopic fish, or, if you are feeling really extravagant, how about flying over this World Heritage site in a helicopter?
Depart Palm Cove and return to the UK
Why you can trust us
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have
a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.