East Africa Safari & Beach
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Some of the highlights included are:
- Head out on safari in three different game reserves
- Look out for the Big Five – lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino
- Stay in child-friendly hotels and lodges throughout
- Travel by light aircraft, keeping journey times to a minimum and giving you a bird’s eye view of Kenya
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Indirect international flights & internal flights
- 10 nights in 4-5* hotels
- Jozani Forest tour
- Game drives while at safari lodges
- All meals while on safari
- Park fees
- All transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (NBO)
- Time difference: GMT+3
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do require a visa, which can be obtained on arrival into Kenya.
- Language: English & Swahili
- Currency: Kenyan shilling (KES)
- Flying time from UK: around 9 hours
- Plug type: same as UK
- Voltage: 220V
Fly from UK to
The sprawling metropolis of Nairobi, Kenya’s brazen capital, can be intimidating at first. But scratch beneath the surface and you’ll find a dynamic city, contrasting the traditional and the modern, with some excellent shops and fine restaurants. If you have time, kids will love the David Sheldrake Wildlife Trust, an elephant nursery providing care to orphaned baby elephants, which are eventually released back into the wild. Come at feeding time for an extra special experience.
4* Crowne Plaza Nairobi
Samburu National Reserve
You’ll be met on arrival and transferred to your camp – but don’t forget to keep an eye out for any animals you might spot along the way. With two nights at the camp, you’ll be treated to four game drives, giving you and your family the chance to get up close to wildlife including elephants, lions and leopards, as well as Samburu’s ‘Unique Five’ - reticulated giraffe, long-necked gerenuk antelope, Somali ostrich, Grevy’s zebra and beisa oryx.
Samburu Intrepids Camp
Later on, drive through highlands, tea and coffee plantations and some truly spectacular views of the Great Rift Valley, to Lake Naivasha, your home for the next two nights. Here you will enjoy a full day safari in Lake Nakuru National Park, where you might spot rhinos, flamingos, warthogs and baboons among the lush scenery.
Great Rift Valley Lodge
Masai Mara Game Reserve
You'll be staying at the lovely Mara Intrepids Camp, just a stone's throw from the Mara River, and the ideal spot from which to watch the annual million-strong wildebeest migrations if you come here between July and August. On your four game drives here, keep an eye out for elephants, rhinos, buffalo, lions, leopards and cheetahs.
Mara Intrepids Camp
You’ll have three days to relax on the soft sands or, up the adrenaline by trying out a number of water sports. For something a little less scream-inducing, take a picnic on a remote sandbank, or join a dhow boat cruise. Your Journey includes a Jozani Forest tour, where you can wander among the lush plant life and keep your eyes peeled for red colobus monkeys.
5* Sea Cliff Resort
Jozani Forest tour