East Africa in Luxury
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Starting with the dramatic scenery of the Ngorongoro Crater, you’ll move on to the game-rich Masai Mara before finishing with the Serengeti’s plains, which are home to lion, leopard, rhino, elephant and buffalo, as well as numerous other species.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Admire the rugged mountain landscapes of the Ngorongoro Crater
- Watch out for the annual wildebeest migration
- Head out on guided game drives in the Masai Mara
- Travel in style by private plane
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Authentic local experiences
- All international & internal flights
- 7 nights in 5* hotels
- All game drives
- National Park fees
- All meals, soft drinks & house wines
- All transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (NBO)
- Time difference: GMT+3
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do require a visa, which can be obtained on arrival into Kenya.
- Language: English & Swahili
- Currency: Kenyan shilling (KES)
- Flying time from UK: around 9 hours
- Plug type: same as UK
- Voltage: 220V
Fly from UK to
Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Arrive into Kenya’s capital Nairobi and fly on by light aircraft to neighbouring Tanzania and the Ngorongoro Crater, a dramatic caldera home to the Big Five. You’ll be staying at the fabulous Ngorongoro Crater Lodge, perched right on the rim of the crater, with panoramic views from its ultra-luxury rooms. Head out on a guided 4X4 safari and see if you can spot elephants, rhinos and giraffes as well as numerous bird species.
Ngorongoro Crater Lodge
Hop back over the border into Kenya and the world-famous Masai Mara, one of the world’s top game viewing destinations. Head out on a game drive to see if you can spot prides of lion and large herds of elephant, and, if you are here during the rainy season (July through November), over a million wildebeest on their annual migration. Stop off for an evening sundowner, an African tradition of watching the sunset with a glass of something cool and refreshing – usually a gin and tonic.
Serengeti National Park
Return to Tanzania and the Serengeti National Park, where you’ve every chance of spotting lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino and elephant, otherwise known as the Big Five. Come at the right time (October – November for Klein’s Camp) and you can witness the wildebeest migration here too. For something truly special, set sail on a gently hot-air balloon ride, floating above the park and looking out for wildlife as you go (optional, extra cost).