Dreams of the Taj
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Add in the sights and sounds of Delhi and the exquisite forts, palaces, towers and temples of Jaipur, and you’ve got yourself a journey filled with history, beauty and colour.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Capture the allure of Delhi on a tour with an expert photographer
- Delight in the markets and monuments of Agra, and admire its red fort
- Be amazed by the grandeur of the Taj Mahal
- Wander the colourful streets and pink palaces of Jaipur
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 8 nights in 4* hotels
- 8 breakfasts
- City tours of Old Delhi & New Delhi
- Salaam Baalak Trust street children awareness walk
- Mohabbat the Taj musical play
- Taj Mahal & Agra Fort
- Evening sound & light show at the Amber Fort
- Morning visit to Amber Fort
- City tour of Jaipur
- Services of a tour manager throughout your Journey, with airport meet & greets
- All transfers
- Journeys exclusive: Shooting with the Lenses – Delhi photo tour
Need to know
- Arrives: Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL)
- Time difference: GMT+5:30
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Hindi, English
- Currency: Indian Rupee (INR)
- Flying time from UK: Around 9 hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to
Welcome to the frenzy of life and colour that is Delhi, India’s bustling capital. Soak up the city’s favourite hot spots, including the imposing Red Fort, the vibrant old city market and the largest mosque in India, the Jama Masjid. Capture the magic with help from an expert photographer, who’ll teach you how to take the perfect shot and create a delightful keepsake of your Indian journey. Later, take a walk with the Salaam Baalak Trust, whose members work to help rehabilitate the city’s street children and improve their quality of life. Join one of the children as they guide you around their side of Delhi and give you an insight into their daily activities.
4* Le Meridien
Includes a morning city tour of Old Delhi; Salaam Baalak Trust street children awareness walk; an afternoon tour of New Delhi; a Journeys Exclusive: Shooting with the Lenses – Delhi photo tour
Depart for lively Agra, where you’ll spend your first evening enjoying a performance of Mohabbat the Taj, a passionate play that uses music to tell the story of the Taj Mahal. The next morning it’s time for the undeniable highlight of your trip: the Taj Mahal. You’ll have undoubtedly heard so much about this celebrated monument, but nothing can prepare you for the regal splendour of the architecture and the purity of the white carved marble, which reflects exquisite pink and gold hues at sunrise. But the Taj Mahal is not the only sight to see in Agra – the World Heritage-listed Agra Fort, constructed from red sandstone and once home to the state treasury and mint, is definitely worth a look as well.
4* Radisson Blu
Includes a showing of Mohabbat the Taj musical play; a morning visit to Taj Mahal & Agra Fort
Leaving Agra, you’ll stop off at the Mughal imperial city of Fatehpur Sikri to appreciate the grand architecture. The complex is in an excellent condition, making it easy to imagine the place filled with life. Continue on to Jaipur and admire the flamboyance of the ‘Pink City’, once home to the Maharajas and the current state capital of Rajasthan. Take a look around the stunning City Palace and marvel at the Jantar Mantar observatory. Leave the city behind and ascend the steep access roads to the magnificent Amber Fort, filled with decorated halls and intricate glasswork.
Includes a visit to Fatehpur Sikri; an Amber Fort Sound & Light Show; a morning visit to Amber Fort & afternoon city tour of Jaipur
Return to Delhi for one last night. Enjoy some last-minute souvenir shopping, tuck in to your final curry and reminisce about your magical Indian adventure.
4* Le Meridien