Discover Summer in British Columbia
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
In the warmer summer months the cities come alive, clear streams flow over green meadows and the mountain lakes twinkle turquoise blue. Take a boat, ride a seaplane, hike the footpaths, cruise the islands, watch for whales and breathe the fresh mountain air.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Explore Victoria, the pretty English-influenced capital of BC
- Discover cosmopolitan Vancouver’s urban and natural attractions
- Enjoy stunning mountain scenery and outdoor adventures in Whistler
- Get close to nature on a whale-watching expedition off the Pacific Coast
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 7 nights in 4* hotels
- Scenic Seaplane flight
- Deluxe Victoria & Butchart Gardens tour
- Whale Watching aboard a zodiac boat
- Vancouver Lookout admission
- Capilano Suspension Bridge & Park entry
- World’s Best Food Truck tour
- Whistler Mountains & Adventure tour
- All transfers
- Scenic ferry to Victoria
Need to know
- Arrives: Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- Time difference: GMT-8
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require a visa
- Language: English, French
- Currency: Canadian dollar (CAD)
- Flying time from UK: around 10 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
- **Please note this Journey runs May-September only; inquire with us about other seasonal options**
Fly from UK to
Upon arrival in Vancouver, transfer to Victoria, including a scenic ferry ride amongst the Gulf Islands. British Columbia’s capital city has a feel of old-fashioned England about it, with quaint architecture, manicured flower gardens, horse drawn carriage rides and cosy pubs. It’s even named after Britain’s longest serving monarch, Queen Victoria, whose statue stands proudly on the front lawns of the sumptuous British Columbia Parliament buildings. Start exploring the region with a picturesque whale watching cruise in search of orcas among the Gulf Islands, before admiring the glorious floral displays of the world-famous Butchart Gardens. Perhaps continue the England theme with an elegant afternoon tea at Fairmont Empress Hotel or if that’s not your cup of tea, try out one of the harbour-front restaurants and indulge in a delicious seafood dinner, fresh from the ocean.
4* Chateau Victoria Hotel & Suites
Includes a Deluxe Victoria & Butchart Gardens tour; a whale watching experience aboard a zodiac boat
Take a scenic seaplane flight back to Vancouver and enjoy this cosmopolitan city’s urban attractions and spectacular natural setting. Ascend to the top of the 551ft Vancouver Lookout for stunning city and mountain panoramas, or soak up the more natural rainforest views as you cross the famous Capilano Suspension Bridge. If food is your thing, you are in for a treat as you taste your way through the city, sampling some hearty local food truck cuisine and covering all manner of meals from hot smoked wild salmon to sizzling grilled cheese.
4* Rosedale on Robson Suites
Includes admission to the Vancouver Lookout at Harbour Centre Tower; a 1-day entry to Capilano Suspension Bridge & Park; a half-day World’s Best Food Truck street food tour
For something a bit different, leave the bright lights of the city behind and spend the day in Whistler, a resort town that’s chock-a-block with outdoor summer adventures - hike the mountain trails and gaze over gorgeous scenery, or rent a kayak at one of the many lakes for a relaxing adventure. Perhaps take the gondola up Whistler Mountain, for outstanding views of the entire region from above – and keep your eyes peeled for black bears, Whistler’s friendly residents which often will make an appearance. Return to Vancouver at the end of the day for one last night.
Return to Vancouver and stay at the 4* Rosedale on Robson Suites
Includes a Whistler Mountains & Adventure full-day tour