Discover Sri Lanka
... landscapes, beaches and varied history. You’ll climb the rock temple at Sigiriya, tour the cave temple at Dambulla, spot elephants in Yala National Park and hike to the top of Little Adam’s Peak. Along the way, taste the delicious cuisine, drink the local tea and smell the aromatic spices.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Climb to the top of the Sigiriya Rock Fortress, set on a 200 metre high rocky outcrop
- Watch the Asian elephants play at the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage
- Head underground and check out the sculptures in the Dambulla Cave Temple
- Grab your binoculars and look out for leopards on safari in Yala National Park
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 10 nights in 4* hotels
- 10 breakfasts
- Services of a tour manager throughout your Journey, with airport meet & greets
- Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage
- Sigiriya Rock Fortress climb
- Dambulla Cave Temple
- Matale Spice Gardens
- Kandy city tour
- Little Adam’s Peak trek
- Jeep safari in Yala National Park
- Train from Peradeniya to Nanu Oya
- All transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB)
- Time difference: GMT+5:30
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Sinhalese, Tamil, English
- Currency: Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR)
- Flying time from UK: Around 10½ hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Colombo
Shop for bargains among the bazaars of Colombo, Sri Lanka’s capital, and check out the temples and colonial buildings dotted among the skyscrapers.
4* Ramada Colombo
Meet the residents of Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage on your way to Sigiriya, home to a 5th century rock fortress, built 200 metres above the jungle canopy. Later, visit the Dambulla Cave Temple.
4* Aliya Resort & Spa
Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage Sigiriya Rock Fortress climb Dambulla Cave Temple
Learn all about Sri Lanka’s aromatic spices, including pepper, cloves, cardamom and nutmeg, as you tour its delightful spice gardens, on the outskirts of Kandy.
4* Ozo Kandy
Matale Spice Gardens Kandy city tour
Take the train to the misty tea plantations of Nuwara Eliya, and soak up its delightful English village feel, complete with rose gardens and well-tended lawns, not to mention all the tea.
4* Heritance Tea Factory
Yala National Park
Climb Little Adam’s Peak in Ella, then Head off on safari in Yala National Park, where you might glimpse elephant, peacock and leopard.
4* Jetwing Yala
Little Adam’s Peak trek Jeep safari in Yala National Park
Hit the beaches of Bentota, an upmarket resort set along a sweep of golden sands. Find a quiet spot and relax or grab your snorkel and look for turtles.
4* Turyaa Kalutara
Depart Bentota and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.