Deep South Highlights
From country tones in Nashville to blues in Memphis and soul in New Orleans – you’ll enjoy an ever-changing soundtrack as you move to the beat of the South. Breathe in the atmosphere, taste the delicious fusion cuisines and let the rhythm free your soul.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Feel the country music beats in Nashville and perhaps take in a live show
- Explore Memphis, birthplace and hometown of rock and roll King Elvis Presley
- Soak up the fascinating history, lively music and sizzling Creole food in New Orleans
- Visit South Louisiana’s picturesque wetlands, a fascinating swamp area filled with wildlife
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 14 nights in 4-4.5* hotels & hand-picked local gems
- 14 days car hire
- Swamp & Bayou tour
- Graceland Tour
- Return airport transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
- Time difference: GMT-5
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an electronic travel authorisation (ESTA), available online
- Language: English
- Currency: US dollar (USD)
- Flying time from UK: around 9 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
- A one-way fee applies for the car hire in this Journey; please ask us for details
Fly from UK to Atlanta
Explore the charming city of Atlanta, a traditional city with a modern twist and self proclaimed ‘Capital of the South’. It’s also home to the world’s largest aquarium.
4* Omni Hotel at CNN Centre
Drive north through Chattanooga to the country music capital of Nashville – visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and enjoy a performance at the iconic Grand Ole Opry.
3* Hyatt Place Nashville/Opryland
Head to Memphis – home of the blues and birthplace of rock‘n’roll. Enjoy live music in Beale Street and perhaps visit Elvis’ Graceland.
3.5* Elvis Presley’s Heartbreak Hotel
Follow in the footsteps of the southern belles and Civil War soldiers in Natchez, nestled on the banks of the Mississippi River, and admire the grand antebellum mansions.
4* Monmouth Historic Inn
Continue on to White Castle, where you’ll stay on the historic Nottoway Plantation, a beautiful Greek revival mansion with lavish interiors, built in 1859.
3* Nottoway Plantation
Complete your Journey in the soulful city of New Orleans, a cultural mishmash of food and music bursting with history. Visit South Louisiana’s wetlands, filled with pristine lakes, marshes and bayous with the occasional lurking alligator.
4* Hotel Monteleone
Includes a Swamp & Bayou tour
Discover the history of Alabama in Mobile, where you can tour the World War II battleship the USS Alabama and check out the neoclassical architecture of the 19th century Bragg-Mitchell Mansion.
4* Battle House Renaissance
Learn more about the Civil Rights Movement in Montgomery, home to the Civil Rights Memorial and the Rosa Parks Library and Museum, named after the pioneering Civil Rights activist.
3* Hampton Inn and Suites
Depart Montgomery and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.