Cultural Karnataka & Serene Kerala
... a state peppered with regal palaces and glittering temples, where the undeniable scent of incense hangs in the air. In contrast, neighbouring Kerala’s, palm-fringed beaches, church-covered islands and fishing ports are a whole world away.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Explore Bangalore’s numerous temples, grand palaces & peaceful gardens
- Marvel at the crazy colours and glittering décor of Mysore’s Maharaja’s Palace
- Kick back on the palm-fringed white-sand beaches of Bekal
- Discover the intriguing history of the island city of Kochi
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 11 nights in 4–4.5* hotels
- 11 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners
- City tours in Bangalore, Mysore & Kochi
- Excursion to Belur & Halebid
- Visit to Guruvayur Temple
- Kathakali Dance show in Kochi
- Services of a tour manager throughout your Journey, with airport meet & greets
- All transfers
- Journeys Exclusive: Lunch with local Keralian family
Need to know
- Arrives: Bengaluru International Airport (BLR)
- Time difference: GMT+5:30
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Hindi, English
- Currency: Indian Rupee (INR)
- Flying time from UK: Around 10½ hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Bangalore
Explore cosmopolitan Bangalore, the capital of Karnataka state, where blooming gardens and leafy avenues sit beside stunning temples and imposing palaces.
4* Le Meridien
Includes a full-day city tour of Bangalore
Arrive in Hassan and tour the colourful temple towns of Belur and Halebid. Here, traditional Hindu carvings adorn the walls, and orange-clad pilgrims flock to offer flowers to the gods.
4* Hoysala Villa
Includes an excursion to Belur & Halebid
Feast your senses on Mysore, where the air is filled with the aromas of jasmine, rose and musk from the city’s incense factories. Gaze in wonder at the crazy colours of the Maharaja’s Palace.
4* Windflower Resort & Spa
Includes an afternoon city tour of Mysore
Take it easy as you cross the state border into Kerala and the peaceful village of Bekal. Here you can relax on sun-kissed beaches and explore serene backwaters.
4* Vivanta by Taj
Breathe in the fresh sea air in Calicut, once a major spice trading port. The city is also known as Kozhikode, and gave its name to calico, which was once produced here.
4* Welcome Hotel Kadavu
Stop off at the impressive Guruvayur Temple on your way to the island city of Kochi. On arrival, admire the amazing Chinese fishing nets and tuck in to a delicious lunch with a local family.
4* Crowne Plaza
Includes a visit to Guruvayur Temple; a morning City Tour of Kochi; a Journeys exclusive: Lunch with local Keralian family; an evening Kathakali Dance show
Depart Kochi and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.