... mountaintop temples, and unspoiled national parks. From fascinating cultures to absorbing histories, with a wealth of wildlife in between, you’ll find it all on this awe-inspiring journey.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Enjoy a typical Gujarati Thali dinner in Ahmedabad
- Discover the chequered history of ancient Uparkot Fort
- Set off on a jeep safari in search of the majestic Asiatic lion
- Soak up the gorgeous views from Palitana’s hill temple
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 10 nights in 4–4.5* hotels & hand-picked local gems
- 10 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners
- City tour of Ahmedabad
- Tour of Gondal
- 2 jeep safaris in Gir National Park
- Takhteshwar Mahadev Temple in Bhavnagar
- Excursion to Palitana
- Services of a tour manager throughout your Journey, with airport greet & meets
- All transfers
- Journeys Exclusive: Famous Gujarati Thali dinner at local restaurant
Need to know
- Arrives: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport (AMD)
- Time difference: GMT+5:30
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Hindi, English
- Currency: Indian Rupee (INR)
- Flying time from UK: Around 11 hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230 volts/50 cycles
- Please note this Journey does not operate from 15 JUN to 15 OCT, as the national park is closed during this period
Fly from UK to Ahmedabad
Tour the historic city of Ahmedabad, taking in the intricate temple of Hathee Singh Jain, the peaceful Gandhi Ashram and the unusual Adalaj Step Well. Indulge in a delicious Gujarati Thali dinner, an experience exclusive to Flight Centre.
4.5* Radisson Blu
Includes a full-day tour of Ahmedabad; a Journeys exclusive: Famous Gujarati Thali dinner at local restaurant
Admire the pretty riverside palace of Navlakha, famed for its intricate balconies, delicate arches and a unique spiral staircase. Later, visit the royal garages with their extensive collection of vintage cars.
4* Orchard Palace
Includes an afternoon tour of Gondal
Explore the historic citadel of Uparkot, raised up over the town of Junagadh. Discover the chequered history of the region, where the influences of four religions over the centuries has shaped the local culture.
3.5* Leo Resort
Includes an afternoon tour of Junagadh
Continue on to Sasangir and enter Gir National Park, carpeted with deciduous forests and criss-crossed by perennial rivers. Take off on a thrilling jeep safari in search of the endangered Asiatic lion.
3.5* Lion Safari Camp
Includes early morning & evening jeep safaris in Gir National Park
Drop by the pilgrimage site of Somnath, which, as one of the 12 Jyotirlinga shrines of the god Shiva, is considered sacred. Head onwards to the island of Diu, a former Portuguese colony.
4.5* Radhika Beach Resort
Includes a visit to Somnath
Your next stop is Bhavnagar – observe the wildlife in the bird-watching paradise of Victoria Park and soak up the out-of-this-world views from Palitana’s hill temple, Shatrunjaya.
4* Nilambagh Palace
Includes a late-afternoon bird watching & visit to Bhavnagar Temple; an excursion to Palitana
Stop off at Lothal, the ruins of a 4500-year-old village with an advanced drainage system. Visit the archaeological museum to see various artefacts discovered there, before returning to Ahmedabad.
4.5* Radisson Blu
Includes a visit to the ruins of Lothal
Depart Ahmedabad and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.