Colours of North East India
Start this offbeat journey in bustling Kolkata, then discover the origin of your tea leaves in Darjeeling and catch a glimpse of the snow-covered peak of the highest mountain in the world, Everest.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Enjoy a cosy chat with the locals over a steaming cup of coffee in Kolkata
- Soak up the million-dollar views of the Himalayas including, if you’re lucky, Everest
- Explore Darjeeling’s beautiful tea plantations
- Take a look around various monasteries and learn about the Tibetan culture
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 9 nights in 4* hotels
- 9 breakfasts, 6 dinners
- Kolkata City tour
- Visit to Tiger Hills & Ghoom Monastery in Darjeeling
- Tibetan Refugee Centre & Darjeeling Zoo
- Observatory Hill & Bhutiya Basti
- Tour of Gangtok
- Services of a tour manager throughout your Journey, with airport meet & greets
- All transfers
- Journeys exclusive: A Cup of Coffee with the locals in Kolkata
Need to know
- Arrives: Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport (CCU)
- Time difference: GMT+5:30
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Hindi, English
- Currency: Indian Rupee (INR)
- Flying time from UK: Around 13 hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Kolkata
Spend a couple of days soaking up the city sights of Kolkata, visiting the temples and flower markets and joining the locals for a cup of coffee and a cosy chat.
4* The Park Hotel Kolkata
Includes a full-day city tour of Kolkata; Journeys exclusive: A cup of coffee with the locals
Fly to Darjeeling and explore its vibrant green hills, tea plantations and Buddhist monasteries, not to mention the epic Himalayan vistas. On a clear day, catch a glimpse of Everest from Tiger Hills.
4* Mayfair Darjeeling
Includes a visit to the Tibetan Refugee Centre, Himalayan Mountaineering Institute & Zoo; a visit to Observatory Hill & Bhutiya Basti
Continue to Kalimpong and take a stroll among the blooming flower nurseries, and hunt for souvenirs in the numerous bazaars.
4* Silver Oaks
Includes an afternoon tour of Kalimpong
Gaze up at the soaring 28,000-foot peak of Khangchendzonga, the third-highest mountain in the world, from Gangtok, tour the lavish monasteries and uncover the mysteries of Tibetan culture at the diverting Tibetology institute.
4* Mayfair Gangtok
Includes a morning tour of Gangtok
Fly back to Kolkata for one last evening.
4* The Park Hotel Kolkata
Depart Kolkata and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.