Experience life in the 18th century in Williamsburg, visit the Civil War battlegrounds in Gettysburg and travel along the famous Skyline Drive where you’ll witness spectacular views of the Shenandoah Valley.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Walk the corridors of power in historic Washington DC
- Discover the fascinating history of the Civil War in Gettysburg
- Immerse in 18th-century life in colonial Williamsburg
- View the celebrated Liberty Bell in Philadelphia
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 10 nights in 4* hotels & hand-picked local gems
- 10 days car hire
- Mount Vernon & Old Town Alexandria Tour
Need to know
- Arrives: Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Time difference: GMT-5
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an electronic travel authorisation (ESTA), available online
- Language: English
- Currency: US dollar (USD)
- Flying time from UK: around 8 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
- A one-way fee applies for the car hire in this Journey; please ask us for details
Fly from UK to Washington DC
Spend two days walking the corridors of power in America’s vibrant and historic capital, filled with iconic monuments such as the White House, Capitol Hill and the Smithsonian Institution.
4* Fairmont Washington
Includes a Mount Vernon & Old Town Alexandria day trip
Drive to Gettysburg, site of the fascinating Civil War battlegrounds and the location for Abraham Lincoln’s famous Gettysburg Address. The Gettysburg National Military Park visitor centre is a great place to start investigating.
3.5* Gettysburg Hotel
Head southwest to the peaks of the Blue Ridge Mountains and stay in the charming town of Front Royal, gateway to the woodlands of Shenandoah National Park.
3* Holiday Inn Front Royal
Next stop is the delightful town of Williamsburg, where you can experience life as it was in the 18th century in Colonial Williamsburg, a fascinating living-history museum.
3* Holiday Inn Express and Suites
Enjoy the spectacular natural beauty of Virginia Beach, where 35 miles of sandy beaches allow for plenty of seaside fun and frolics.
4* Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel
Trace the Civil War trail in Maryland with a stay in Baltimore, home to world-class museums including the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Museum and star-shaped Fort McHenry, the inspiration for the Star Spangled Banner.
4* Hotel Monaco, a Kimpton Hotel
Explore historic buildings and distinct neighbourhoods in Philadelphia, location for the signing of the Declaration of Independence.
4* Loews Philadelphia Hotel
Depart Philadelphia and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.