Cruise through picture-perfect coastal towns and soak up the rugged scenery as you hug the Pacific Coast Highway, making frequent stops to take in the spectacular marine life, wineries and dramatic landscapes.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Iconic Alcatraz & Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco
- The Pacific Coast Highway’s invigorating wild & craggy scenery
- View marine wildlife in charming Monterey
- Shop in up-scale Beverley Hills & star-spot in Hollywood
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 7 nights in 4-5* hotels & hand-picked local gems
- 7 days car hire
- Bridge 2 Bridge Cruise in San Francisco
- Hollywood CityPASS
Need to know
- Arrives: San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Time difference: GMT-8
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an electronic travel authorisation (ESTA), available online
- Language: English
- Currency: US dollar (USD)
- Flying time from UK: around 11 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
- A one-way fee applies for the car hire in this Journey in the months of July & August; please ask us for details
Fly from UK to San Francisco
Explore the beautiful bay city of San Francisco, whose steep hills offer a good thigh workout as well as fabulous views of the city’s varied architecture and the 1.6-mile-long Golden Gate Bridge.
4* Pier 2620 Fisherman's Wharf
Includes a Bridge to Bridge Harbor Cruise
Drive to the seaside town of Monterey on the central coast of California where the beautiful coastline and its range of water-based activities is the star attraction.
5* Hyatt Regency Monterey
Continue on to San Simeon, a small coastal town on the Pacific Coast where dream-like Hearst Castle is well worth a visit.
3* Best Western Plus Cavalier Oceanfront Resort
Soak up the laid-back atmosphere in affluent Santa Barbara. Come for fine wines, sunshine and the fresh Pacific air, and don’t forget to try the wide assortment of artisanal produce on offer.
4* Hyatt Santa Barbara
Los Angeles – aka the ‘City of Angels’ – needs little introduction. Rub shoulders with the stars in glamorous Tinseltown, or check out the exclusive fashion stores in Rodeo Drive.
4* Andaz West Hollywood
Includes a Hollywood City Pass
Depart Los Angeles and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.