Take the ultimate USA road trip cross-country by motorhome from Los Angeles to New York.
This Journey is packed with iconic American experiences: driving the old Route 66; having toe-tapping good times in Memphis; exploring the natural beauty of innumerable National Parks; and making many unique local discoveries along the way.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Drive the iconic Route 66 at your own pace
- Freedom to create your own route on this classic road trip
- Add a touch of glamour in glittering Los Angeles
- Take a bite of the Big Apple in New York
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Indirect international flights
- 6 nights in 4* hotels
- 19 days / 18 nights RV rental
- Movie Stars Homes Tour
- Freestyle Pass in New York
- All airport transfers
Need to know+
- Arrives: Los Angeles International Airport
- Time difference: GMT-8
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an electronic travel authorisation (ESTA), available online
- Language: English
- Currency: US dollar (USD)
- Flying time from UK: around 11 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
- A one-way fee applies for the Campervan in this Journey; please ask us for details
Fly from UK to Los Angeles
Tick off all the Los Angeles sights: the Hollywood Walk of Fame at Grauman's Chinese Theatre, window shopping in Rodeo Drive and embracing your inner child at Disneyland or Universal Studios. Wander down to Santa Monica Pier and take a spin on the roller coaster, stroll onto the original Muscle Beach and witness the classic LA scene of gymnasts and weightlifters keeping fit under the sun. Finally, if you’re lucky, you might spot a celebrity or two on your Movie Stars' Homes tour.
Collect your motorhome and set out on your cross-country road trip. The route you choose to travel is entirely your choice: you might opt to swing by Las Vegas and test your luck at the glitzy casinos, hit the 'Mother Road' as you cruise the iconic Route 66, feel the rhythm in Memphis, meet the Navajo people of Monument Valley, or hike through lush green trails in the many national parks.
Lose yourself in the eclectic buzz of the City That Never Sleeps and explore some sensational Manhattan highlights. The New York sights could keep you occupied for weeks, so find your favourite and get exploring. Climb the Statue of Liberty, walk the High Line, get lost in the crowds in Times Square, enjoy a bird’s eye view from the top of the Empire State Building and don’t forget all those museums and art galleries. Build up your appetite then take a bite of the Big Apple in this culinary capital, where you’ll find one of the widest choices of cuisines in the world. Of course no trip is complete without a slice of traditional NYC pizza.
Depart New York and return to the UK
Why you can trust us
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have
a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.