Enjoy the wonders of South Africa on this specially designed journey.
From the unspoilt nature and varied wildlife of the African bush at Madikwe Game Reserve to the natural treasures and paleontological sights of Johannesburg, with a stop at the glittering resort of Sun City in between, there’s plenty to entertain and amaze safari-goers and animal enthusiasts alike.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Tour Johannesburg’s Soweto Township, former home of Nelson Mandela
- Learn more about the origin of our species at the Cradle of Humankind
- Make the most of the numerous entertainment options at Sun City
- Look for elephants, lions and leopards on safari in Madikwe Game Reserve
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Authentic local experiences
- International flights
- 8 nights in 5* hotels
- 9 days car hire
- Soweto Township tour
- Game drives in Madikwe Game Reserve
- Maropeng - Cradle of Humankind tour
Need to know+
- Arrives: Johannesburg O.R. Tambo International Airport (JNB)
- Time difference: GMT+2
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require a visa
- Language: 11 official languages including English and Afrikaans
- Currency: South African Rand (ZAR)
- Flying time from UK: around 12 hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230V
Fly from UK to Johannesburg
Arrive in Johannesburg and take a tour of the Soweto Township, the ‘city within a city’. Discover more about the Soweto uprising, and see the scars left by the events of that day on the local buildings and churches. Visit the Hector Pieterson Memorial and the humble former home of Nelson Mandela, now a family museum. Later, visit Cradle of Humankind in Maropeng, view the many humanoid fossils discovered here and learn more about the origins of our species.
Madikwe Game Reserve
See if you can spot the Big 5 on safari in Madikwe, a wild area of bushveld home to black and white rhino, buffalo, lion and cheetah. This 70,000 hectare reserve stretches all the way up to the Botswana border, and offers some truly unforgettable wildlife sightings. Set out on a guided 4x4 safari and keep your eyes peeled for African wild dogs, bush babies and zebras among the forests and savannahs. Finish you day with a refreshing sundowner as the sun sinks over the Bushveld.
Drive on to the mountain resort of Sun City, surrounded by more wild African bushveld and just next door to the wildlife of Pilanesberg National Park. With a myriad of entertainment and activities, Sun City is Africa’s largest playground and particularly entertaining for families. Choose from thrilling waterparks, games arcades, theatre shows, golf and even night safaris. While you’re you could splash out on a gentle hot air balloon safari over the bush, landing to a refreshing glass of sparkling wine followed by a delicious breakfast.
Depart Sun City and return to the UK
Why you can trust us
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have
a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.