This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
... including the Great Wall, before heading on to the gorgeous karst scenery of Guilin and the Li River. Finish in shiny modern Shanghai, a city offering pretty gardens, exquisite temples and mouth-watering cuisine.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Discover Beijing's icons, including infamous Tiananmen Square
- Find out more about Xi’an’s army of Terracotta Warriors
- Admire the vivid green rice terraces and pretty lakes of Guilin
- See the contrasts of old and new in bustling Shanghai
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 11 nights in 4* hotels
- 1 night overnight train
- Forbidden City & Tiananmen Square
- Visit to Great Wall of China & Ming Tombs
- Summer Palace & Beijing Zoo
- Rickshaw tour of Beijing's Hutong
- Terracotta Warriors
- Full-day trip to the Longsheng Rice Terraces
- Li River Cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo
- Bicycle tour of Yangshuo & countryside
- Visit to Shanghai Museum & People’s Square
- Full-day trip to Suzhou, including a visit to Master of the Nets Garden
- Visit to Jade Buddha Temple, Shanghai Old Town & Oriental pearl TV Tower
- Services of a tour manager throughout your Journey with airport meet & greets
- All transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK)
- Time difference: GMT+8
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Standard Mandarin
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY)
- Flying time from UK: Around 10 hours direct
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 220 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Beijing
Watch the locals perform Tai Chi in Beijing, then discover the history of the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. Gaze at the iconic sight of the Great Wall of China, one of the world’s greatest manmade wonders, as its fortifications snake out in front of you across green mountains and valleys.
4* Howard Johnson Paragon Hotel
Includes a visit to the Forbidden City & Tiananmen Square; a visit to the Great Wall of China & Ming Tombs
Take a look around the lakes and gardens of the pretty Summer Palace, tour Beijing’s hutong by rickshaw then board your overnight train to Xi’an.
1 night aboard the overnight Beijing to Xian Train
Includes a visit to the Summer Palace & Beijing Zoo; a rickshaw tour of Beijing's Hutong (alleys).
Arrive in Xi’an and marvel at the fascinating Terracotta Warriors. Take a wander through the atmospheric Muslim Quarter and admire the towering city walls.
4* Gloria Tianyu Hotel Xi’an
Includes a visit to the Terracotta Warriors
Visit the Longsheng Dragon’s Back rice terraces from Guilin, and call in at the bustling evening market on the banks of the River Li.
4* Guilin Plaza Hotel
includes a full-day trip to Longsheng
Admire the beautiful colours as the emerald green karsts contrast with the sapphire blue sky as you cruise the calm waters of the Li River to Yangshuo.
4* Secret Garden Boutique Hotel
Includes a Li River cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo; a bicycle tour of the city & countryside
Fly on to Shanghai where you’ll walk along the iconic Bund. Take a full day trip to Suzhou, where you’ll visit the delightful Master of the Nets garden.
4* Shanghai Hotel
Includes a visit to Shanghai Museum & People’s Square; a full-day trip to Suzhou, including a visit to Master of the Nets garden; a visit to Jade Buddha Temple, Shanghai Old Town & Oriental pearl TV Tower