Chicago to New Orleans
... the musical flavours of both Nashville and Memphis and the jazz and cocktail bars of New Orleans. With the scent of southern soul food in the air, you’ll visit Elvis Presley’s home at Graceland and sail the swamps and bayous of Louisiana in search of alligators.
Some of the highlights included are:
- See where Elvis Presley lived at his Graceland mansion
- Tap your feet to the country music beats in Nashville
- Look out for alligators in the swamps and bayous of Louisiana
- Set sail on an evening jazz cruise in New Orleans
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 14 nights in 4* hotels & hand-picked local gems
- 12 days car hire
- One-way fee, payable locally
- Graceland tour
- New Orleans evening dinner jazz cruise
- New Orleans plantation & swamp tour
- Transfers in Chicago
Need to know
- Arrives: Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Time difference: GMT-6
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an electronic travel authorisation (ESTA), available online
- Language: English
- Currency: US dollar (USD)
- Flying time from UK: around 8 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
Fly from UK to Chicago
Explore Chicago’s museums, art galleries and green spaces and chow down on the Windy City’s deliciously cheesy deep pan pizza. Don’t forget to look up at the diverse architecture too.
4* Hotel Blake
Check out the towering skyscrapers of Indianapolis. Known as the Racing Capital of the World, this lively city hosts the Indy 500 and the Brickyard 400 motor races.
4* Le Meridien
Admire the Victorian architecture in Louisville before testing out one of the many bourbon bars. If you’re lucky enough to come in April, don’t miss the fireworks at the Thunder Over Louisville festival.
3* Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
Dance to the country beats of Nashville and feast on the local hot chicken. Discover more about Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash at the Country Music hall of Fame or catch a show at the Grand Ole Opry.
4* Sheraton Nashville Downtown
Follow in the footsteps of Elvis Presley at his Graceland mansion, where he lived for 20 years from 1957. Tour the house and grounds and view the rock ‘n’ roll memorabilia.
4* River Inn of Harbor Town
Graceland Platinum Tour
Take a look at the magnificent antebellum mansions in Vicksburg. Visit the National Military Park, the preserved site of the 1863 Battle of Vicksburg, now a commemorative park.
2.5* Corners Mansion Inn
Take in a jazz performance in New Orleans, travel through scenic cypress swamps and discover the waterways of the Louisiana wetlands, keeping an eye out for alligators.
4* Hotel Monteleone
Evening dinner jazz cruise Plantation & swamp tour
Depart New Orleans and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.